Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Gonna start this thread back up again for the 2020 season. I’ve gotten good feedback from members who like the stats and comparisons. I’ll be adding Titan stats from PFF,Titan beat writers,Next Gen Stats, and other stat sources I subscribe too. Feel free to post any stats that you come across as well. This isn’t a troll thread so if you plan on bashing player(s) repeatedly your post will be deleted and you’ll get banned from the thread. There’s plenty of others threads for sounding off. Enjoy...:beerbang:

Top 5 defensive grades (min. 15 snaps)
-Clowney (79.4)
-Landry (76.8)
-Simmons (76.8)
-Byard (75.6)
-Vaccaro (66.5)

Top 5 offensive grades:
-Pruitt (85.6)
-C. Davis (82.1)
-Jones (76.1)
-Humphries (70.6)
-Saffold (70.5)

per JGlennon

Per @PFF, 35 of Jonnu Smith's 36 receiving yards came after the catch. He averaged 8.8 yards after the catch.

Per @PFF, #Titans ' Henry had 67 of his 116 yards after contact.
-He averaged 2.16 yards after contact, compared to 4.16 yards after contact during 2019 season.

Per @PFF, #Titans ' Tannehill:
No pressure: 25 for 32, 214 yds., 1 TD, 104.9 QB rating
Under pressure: 4 for 11, 35 yds., 1 TD, 75.9 QB rating

-Clowney (79.4)
-Landry (76.8)
-Simmons (76.8)
-Byard (75.6)
-Vaccaro (66.5)

Top 5 offensive grades:
-Pruitt (85.6)
-C. Davis (82.1)
-Jones (76.1)
-Humphries (70.6)
-Saffold (70.5)

per JGlennon

Landry made a ton of plays for us last night. Great game for him.

-Henry had 61 (of 81) snaps, which is more than any regular-season game for him in 2019. Most last yr was 47.
-Jonnu Smith's 59 snaps also higher than any of his 2019 totals.
-Sambrailo got 11 snaps for ailing Lewan.
View attachment 17766

-13 snaps for Evans (out of 59) before ejection
-26 snaps for Compton, 10 for Long in reserve.
-35 snaps for rookie CB Chris Jackson, 24 for rookie Kristian Fulton.
-47 snaps for Clowney in debut
-Over 55 snaps for Brown, Byard, Vaccaro, Landry, Butler
View attachment 17767

-Clowney (79.4)
-Landry (76.8)
-Simmons (76.8)
-Byard (75.6)
-Vaccaro (66.5)

Top 5 offensive grades:
-Pruitt (85.6)
-C. Davis (82.1)
-Jones (76.1)
-Humphries (70.6)
-Saffold (70.5)

per JGlennon
I'm surprised by Jones and Saffold. Looked like they were getting a lot of interior pressure. There was one run to the left where I specifically remember Jones moving 3 yards backwards. Can you see the grade for N. Davis?

Titans were 1 of 3 NFL teams not to record a sack on Week One. Both the other teams -- Carolina and Minnesota -- lost their openers.

Ryan Tannehill now 10-4 as the Titans starting quarterback

The Titans are 14-0 when Derrick Henry rushes for 100+ yards.

Per JGlennon/MHERDON

Titans were 1 of 3 NFL teams not to record a sack on Week One. Both the other teams -- Carolina and Minnesota -- lost their openers.

Per JGlennon/MHERDON
Clowney’s tackle on Lock behind the LOS should have counted as a sack.

Life is easier when you can move around from ROLB to LOLB

last year he was our only threat off the edge, now we have 2 guys to shift around and cause confusion for the other team

Yep the Clowney affect was seen last night for sure.

We played a lot of off coverage (my guess is because Adoree was out) so the sacks weren't there, but they'll come. Lock was on the move a lot last night because of pressure.

-Henry had 61 (of 81) snaps, which is more than any regular-season game for him in 2019. Most last yr was 47.
-Jonnu Smith's 59 snaps also higher than any of his 2019 totals.
-Sambrailo got 11 snaps for ailing Lewan.
View attachment 17766

-13 snaps for Evans (out of 59) before ejection
-26 snaps for Compton, 10 for Long in reserve.
-35 snaps for rookie CB Chris Jackson, 24 for rookie Kristian Fulton.
-47 snaps for Clowney in debut
-Over 55 snaps for Brown, Byard, Vaccaro, Landry, Butler
View attachment 17767

Anyone got any reason for why 7th rounder Jackson played more snaps than 2nd rounder Fulton? I saw Vrabel saying that Jackson played mostly in the slot.

Anyone got any reason for why 7th rounder Jackson played more snaps than 2nd rounder Fulton? I saw Vrabel saying that Jackson played mostly in the slot.

He said it was because Fulton missed time in camp. Jackson was available during camp so he got more opportunities tonight. I’m sure we’ll see Fulton play more as the season goes on.

Also interesting to note that there was only one run over 30 yards in week 1. Benny Snell had it.

Just goes to show with a shortened offseason a lot of teams were out of sync offensively.

I was looking through the stats and noticed there was no record of a sack and I thought of that play. Was it not a sack because there was a bobbled snap or something?
Correct. The ball hit the ground so lock became a “runner” at the point he picked it up.

Per JGlennon/MHERDON
Uhh... Clowney got a sack on the first drive of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back