Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans Ranking after Week One:

Offense 12th (tied), rushing 14th, passing 12th

Defense 11th, rushing 13th (tied), passing 14th

per Pk

Henry just doesn't like playing in Denver I think is a combination of their defense and the altitude not mention the crazy off season.

Any explanation how they come up with these ridiculous stats?

What are “expected” yards outside prediction?
I don’t see 31 carries for 114 as underperforming in almost any way. Thats titans offense,

Its based on potential of each run play. Breaking tackles, hitting the right hole, falling forward, etc. Basically a “what if “ stat lol.

I'm surprised by Jones and Saffold. Looked like they were getting a lot of interior pressure. There was one run to the left where I specifically remember Jones moving 3 yards backwards. Can you see the grade for N. Davis?
Davis 60.0
Kelly 66.4
Lewan 68.7

Davis far and away the worst on our otherwise excellent line again. His pass blocking grade of 47.5 was just about worst in the league.

Anyone got any reason for why 7th rounder Jackson played more snaps than 2nd rounder Fulton? I saw Vrabel saying that Jackson played mostly in the slot.
Per PFF all our corners had lousy grades.

Jackson 28.9 (worst in the entire league)
Butler 53.2
Fulton 58.9
Joseph 60.4

Excellent play by Byard and Vacarro covered up the weakness a bit.

Its based on potential of each run play. Breaking tackles, hitting the right hole, falling forward, etc. Basically a “what if “ stat lol.
That sounds a little like efficiency of each play. With 31 carries, it makes sense his “expected yards” are so high.
That said, I suppose it’s just as easy to pick the individual blockers each play to also follow the “underperformance”.

I’ve never really been a fan of next gen stats and even less of specific stats that call for some sort of prediction over actual.
I know you don’t make the rules on the stats and I can appreciate that overall thread but I think this particular stat is kind of unreliable and worthless.

That sounds a little like efficiency of each play. With 31 carries, it makes sense his “expected yards” are so high.
That said, I suppose it’s just as easy to pick the individual blockers each play to also follow the “underperformance”.

I’ve never really been a fan of next gen stats and even less of specific stats that call for some sort of prediction over actual.
I know you don’t make the rules on the stats and I can appreciate that overall thread but I think this particular stat is kind of unreliable and worthless.

I get it, I don’t expect everyone to agree on some of these stats. I just put everything on here that I come across because I know there’s people that are all about it. I don’t take any of it personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back