Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Titans GM Floyd Reese and the scouts have a couple of weeks to look at film and prepare for the NFL Combine in Indianapolis the last week in February. But the first pick for the Titans in the 2006 NFL Draft may be an easier decision than in year's past. "When you're picking at three, it's not brain surgery to figure out the number of choices you're going to have," Reese said. "When you’re picking 30th, there may be 50, 60 or 70 players to choose between. But when picking at three, there are probably only about four, five or six guys to choose from." Reese has also said need will not come into play and his team will look at the best player available. "You select on who's the third best player in the country," Reese said. "If it's somebody that can make a difference for you right way, then so be it. If it's somebody makes difference for you over the next 10 or 12 years, then so be that. It all depends on who is that guy."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

He says that....but i'm almost positive he'll trade the pick away. And probably for "value" that most fans won't recognize. Who knows.

Who "sells" the most tickets in NO? Lienhart or Young. Could argue either one is the better QB depends on how urgerent you need the QB on the field to sell tickets. I say NO takes Lienhart because he is more likley to be able to play effectively early.

Real question is do Titans trade down for Hawk/Cutler? I for one want Reese to take Young if available. Course I remember being real happy when Reese got Calico in the second so what do I know.

goTitans.com said:
"When you’re picking 30th, there may be 50, 60 or 70 players to choose between.
Three years later, I wonder how many of those 70 he'd rather have over Andre Woolfolk.

:flush:

Brian, would you shut up about Woolfolk.

Do you have anything else to say? Or have you some immature obsession with Woolfolk that you must bring him up in every topic, related or not.

The QB that turns NO into a 6+ win team will sell the most tickets. I don't think most fans could care less where their qb was from so long as he wins games for them. Or at least, after the initial month of his first season.

Young gets the hype more then Leinart from the media, he will put more in seats because people want to see what he can do...of course he may not even start.

most informed fans who think with their brain.

But come on how many cowpuke fans have you had to endure who literally only knew the names Smith, Aikman and Irving. NO is trying to sell out 70000 seat superdome and they need a face for the organization. I say they take Leinhart. I am not saying Linehart is the best QB in the draft I just think NO should take him if Houston takes Bush

I'm just saying that if the Cowboys hadn't been Super Bowl contenders, no one would have shown up. A "face of an organization" is just whoever plays well on a winning team.

So you are saying NO has to have a winning team to sell out. Probably true but I don't see it happening.

At Thanksgiving I would have been thrilled with Leinhart, and I feel the same today. I would perfer Young, but the consolation prize ain't to shabby either.

Young is the perfect replacement for McNair, hands down. Let him sit under Steve for 2 or 3 years then watch the entire league tremble in fear as a juggernaut offense is built around him.

Sidenote: Fighting Temptations was a movie, but it is also the topic of this post by me..... WU

Thanks Gunny

Brian said:
Three years later, I wonder how many of those 70 he'd rather have over Andre Woolfolk.

:flush:

Actually Brian makes a good point. Look at any draft 3-4 years later and GMs must kick them selves in the butt wondering what if when they see all the guys they could have taken instead. Certainly Brian is trying to pull the uncles chain again but I'm sure Reese wishes he could have that pick back.

Gunny said:
Brian, would you shut up about Woolfolk.

Do you have anything else to say? Or have you some immature obsession with Woolfolk that you must bring him up in every topic, related or not.
Thanks for the advice Gunny. Now hurry back to your very mature 'Reynaldology' practice.

:rolleyes:

Soxcat said:
Actually Brian makes a good point. Look at any draft 3-4 years later and GMs must kick them selves in the butt wondering what if when they see all the guys they could have taken instead. Certainly Brian is trying to pull the uncles chain again but I'm sure Reese wishes he could have that pick back.
:applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back