Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: The Titans were awakened at 4:30 a.m. by fists pounding on their doors from soldiers of the 101st Airborne. Buses took the players to Fort Campbell where they did pushups, pull-ups then with rifles in hand, performed a variety of drills. After the drills ended, players ran one mile in groups of 15 to cap off the workout portion of their visit. Following breakfast at the Chow Hall, about 20 Titans players signed autographs for nearly two hours at the PX on base. "We’ve been secretly putting this together for quite some time now and I can’t tell you how excited I am that we were able to pull it off because the surprise factor was critical to this," Fisher said. "What we’ve done is we’ve pulled a team together, the base together – the team and Ft. Campbell -- and we hope that an event that took place like this morning will have some sort of far-reaching impact over the season."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

goTitans.com said:
SUMMARY: The Titans were awakened at 4:30 a.m. by fists pounding on their doors from soldiers of the 101st Airborne. Buses took the players to Fort Campbell where they did pushups, pull-ups then with rifles in hand, performed a variety of drills. After the drills ended, players ran one mile in groups of 15 to cap off the workout portion of their visit. Following breakfast at the Chow Hall, about 20 Titans players signed autographs for nearly two hours at the PX on base. "We’ve been secretly putting this together for quite some time now and I can’t tell you how excited I am that we were able to pull it off because the surprise factor was critical to this," Fisher said. "What we’ve done is we’ve pulled a team together, the base together – the team and Ft. Campbell -- and we hope that an event that took place like this morning will have some sort of far-reaching impact over the season."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
Thats a great idea...they should do that more often

Great story and great decision by Fisher to do it. Hopefully it will payoff in the long run and also give the Titans some good press

Bravo, bravo!
Great idea, that's got to be inspiring for everyone.
Kudos for pulling it off without anyone finding out about it.

that is so awesome! this is a great idea to build team commodadary, and character. i just wanna see pics of my baby with a rife!

Awesome!!

I think there were several soldiers heading out today for Iraq too......but that had to have been an AWESOME surprise for all of them! What a great experience, and yes- great way for all of them to connect!!

Let me just say that I think that this is just great that the titans did this. Those soldiers deserve the world from us right now. They go out and do amazing things so that we are able to have a sport like football. This is just another reason that I am a die hard titans fan. Way to go TITANS!

PS...I am so jealous right now that I am in the Air Force!!! LOL...that Might be the ONLY time you hear me say something like that!! LOL....

Look at all the talent that the Air Force has generated tho...These guys may come to to visit you, or hell, you may just bump into some of them in the bx surround sound department.

Abramowitz, Sid (1983 - 1987)
Bonham, Shane (1994 - 1999)
Cole, Larry (1968 - 1980)
Fisher, Bryce (2001 - 2004)
George, Ron (1993 - 2000)
Gizzi, Chris (2000 - 2001)
Greenlee, Fritz (1969 - 1969)
Hennings, Chad (1992 - 2000)
Line, Bill (1972 - 1972)
Rengel, Mike (1969 - 1969)
Russ, Steve (1997 - 2000)
Smith, Jeff (1987 - 1987)

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
That is so crazy. :yes: I love it. :thumb:

I agree! Having them show up today was quite a surprise, the only downside was me not knowing anything in advance. I didn't have anything available to ask anyone to autograph, but it was the time of my life getting a chance to see the team enjoying themselves, and getting a chance to speak to a few of them briefly.

I was very impressed with how friendly, courteous, and approachable each and every member of the organization was.

It certainly made my year to be onhand for the three hours they were firing at the weapons simulator..... And made me extremely happy I took the job two weeks ago :))

NFL Films was present, and from what I heard on base it was an outstanding thing. They did not get very much one on one with many troopers, but they did get good face time with some. It gave everyone a glimpse of what dedication, discipline, and duty really means.

Now I need someone with inside knowledge to find out,but during rifle drills somebody puked. It wasn't a Screaming Eagle either.

I don't know about the rifle drills, as I was at the weapons simulator from 9~12 while the team and staff had some fun firing the various light-fire weapons we had available (M16, M4, M204, M240, M249, and M203).

I might be able to find out about the rifle drills, though... I'll see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back