Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Tennessee Titans' loss to Cincinnati Bengals will sting for a long time

I have now twice witnessed the Titans own home field advantage throughout the playoffs, come off the bye and get bumped. It's just brutal to come out and not play your best game.

It does seem like it the destiny of this franchise to NEVER win the Lombardi. I truly thought this year would be it. All lined up, ready for the taking. Defense was respectable again. Offense had "weapons". QB was good. Unfortunately, the days of SB champs without elite QB's seems gone.

I am super sad about the loss but not in agony. I've been numbed in this disappointment so many times by this franchise it hurts less. Disappointment is what I get at the end of every year with this franchise.

we'll fire Downing, the PR spin will be Tannehill will be back and better than ever next year, Taylor Lewan will get up and some dumbazz speech filled with hollow vows, Julio will have a hamstring issue, JRob will blow more picks on the OL, they'll announce some new stadium idea that supposed to "re-invigorate" the fans.......

I'm just numb to it all. Seen it SO many times year after year after year after year...... I think I'll just save all my money I spend on the Titans until they make it to the Super Bowl- so I can at least end my disappointment in the Big Show.

Never thought we would win the SB and that’s 100% because I have zero faith in Downing (zero is actually too much). However, I thought we’d beat the bengals.

I’ve seen this happen 3 times….. this is one of the worst games I have seen from an offense in a long time. The QB position needs to be re-evaluated

Been going since 2001 and had never walked out of Nissan Stadium more disappointed than I did last night. Truly heartbreaking.

Been going since 2001 and had never walked out of Nissan Stadium more disappointed than I did last night. Truly heartbreaking.

this was our best chance, we all knew it. Can’t even make it out of the divisional round. I really hope jrob and Vrabel are evaluating QB because if not I may find something else to do on Sundays ( for next year only) ans I will still follow. I need a 1 year break from this insanely frustrating organization they call a football team lol

this was our best chance, we all knew it. Can’t even make it out of the divisional round. I really hope jrob and Vrabel are evaluating QB because if not I may find something else to do on Sundays ( for next year only) ans I will still follow. I need a 1 year break from this insanely frustrating organization they call a football team lol
Totally relate.

A lot of us old Oilers fans can relate. It wasn't easy watching the Oilers in the late 80's and early 90's squander good team after good team in the playoffs with some of the ways they found to lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tennessee Titans' loss to Cincinnati Bengals will sting for a long time

I have now twice witnessed the Titans own home field advantage throughout the playoffs, come off the bye and get bumped. It's just brutal to come out and not play your best game.

It does seem like it the destiny of this franchise to NEVER win the Lombardi. I truly thought this year would be it. All lined up, ready for the taking. Defense was respectable again. Offense had "weapons". QB was good. Unfortunately, the days of SB champs without elite QB's seems gone.

I am super sad about the loss but not in agony. I've been numbed in this disappointment so many times by this franchise it hurts less. Disappointment is what I get at the end of every year with this franchise.

we'll fire Downing, the PR spin will be Tannehill will be back and better than ever next year, Taylor Lewan will get up and some dumbazz speech filled with hollow vows, Julio will have a hamstring issue, JRob will blow more picks on the OL, they'll announce some new stadium idea that supposed to "re-invigorate" the fans.......

I'm just numb to it all. Seen it SO many times year after year after year after year...... I think I'll just save all my money I spend on the Titans until they make it to the Super Bowl- so I can at least end my disappointment in the Big Show.
I highlighted the only part I disagree with, but pretty accurate otherwise. Just can’t have faith in this team.

I am sure they bring Tanney back but it is time to bring someone else in. Tanney should take a pay cut he is not worth half what he was paid this year.

I couldn't even watch the other game last night. I could have taken losing next week, no excuse in yesterday none.

Shame we wasted a super bowl winning defense!

I am sure they bring Tanney back but it is time to bring someone else in. Tanney should take a pay cut he is not worth half what he was paid this year.

I couldn't even watch the other game last night. I could have taken losing next week, no excuse in yesterday none.

Shame we wasted a super bowl winning defense!
I turned football off yesterday after our game and watch tv shows. I had no stomach for it,

I actually want Brady and the Bucs to win now. Hate seeing new blood win the Superbowl while we get constantly left behind year after year.

Literally felt like a dream as I woke up this morning. This loss hurts to the core. For us to have 9 sacks, hold the Bengals to 19 points and get beat by a walk-off FG, that's about as bad as it gets.

I think this loss hurts so much because I've come to the realization that this years team would totally smash next years team. I had little faith left in Tannehill, but that has now diminshed to no faith at all.

I actually want Brady and the Bucs to win now. Hate seeing new blood win the Superbowl while we get constantly left behind year after year.

Literally felt like a dream as I woke up this morning. This loss hurts to the core. For us to have 9 sacks, hold the Bengals to 19 points and get beat by a walk-off FG, that's about as bad as it gets.

I think this loss hurts so much because I've come to the realization that this years team would totally smash next years team. I had little faith left in Tannehill, but that has now diminshed to no faith at all.

Agree. And to think we were at a cross roads two years ago to stick with Tannehill or pick up Brady. And we chose to give Tannehill a crippling contract.

I'm too down to fact check myself but IIRC its been since 2003 since we've won a home playoff game. And like we've only had 3 home playoff games since then. My son is 25- he's been my Titans' buddy since he could walk and catch passes from in the living room while we watched the Titans. He went to Arrowhead with me when we upset the Alex Smith Chiefs so he's seen the Titans win a playoff game- just never at home. Was really hoping that would have happened and we could watch an AFC Championship game together.

Having followed this team since they moved to Tennessee...

I was not in the least bit surprised by what happened last night. I had even placed a bet for the Bengals to win. Why? Because losing to a team who has a second year QB and coming off their first playoff win in 31 years, that is just the type of thing this franchise does. They over perform when they shouldn't have a chance and under perform when everything thinks they are the sure lock. I have just come to expect it from them. Is it disappointing? for sure. Unexpected? nah.

The offense in general, even before Henry was injured, was the same as watching paint dry. Without a doubt the worst offense we have seen in the past few years even going back to the days of Mariota. It was just boring and stale. Downing is turd, Tannehill ... just wtf. wtf.

With that said, watching Green Bay shit the bed at home in 2 degree weather in the snow with a first round HoFer at QB against the damn San Francisco 49ers and Jimmy G... well that took some of the sting out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back