Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Just curious how many of you would trade one spot down for a first and third round pick? second round? Personally id rather have Hawk than any of the top 3. Defense wins ballgames. I'd go for a first and second rounder but not sure about a first and third. Any takers?

I just dont know if we can pass on any of these QB's. There might not be another QB class like this for a while where we have a shot at getting one.

2toneblue77 said:
Just curious how many of you would trade one spot down for a first and third round pick? second round? Personally id rather have Hawk than any of the top 3. Defense wins ballgames. I'd go for a first and second rounder but not sure about a first and third. Any takers?
unless bush is there, i dont know if they'll give up a first and second to move up just one spot. a first and third maybe, but not a first and second.

I don't have the numbers infront of me, but the jets' and their cap situation won't allow the the luxury of moving up in the draft. they might even be in a position to have to move down to get some alotted draft money releaf.

ammotroop said:
I just dont know if we can pass on any of these QB's. There might not be another QB class like this for a while where we have a shot at getting one.

The said that about the Couch, McNown et al.

The same could be said about Hawk...what if he becomes the next Ulacher and Lienart and Young never live up to their potential like many other highly rated QB's. I can't imagine the possibilities of having the 3rd and 4th pick in the second round plus Hawk. We would be superbowl contenders for sure within 2 years.

Titanpride said:
I don't have the numbers infront of me, but the jets' and their cap situation won't allow the the luxury of moving up in the draft. they might even be in a position to have to move down to get some alotted draft money releaf.

Good point, but first year draft picks do not count against the cap. The first year is free pretty much. So even if the Jets were in the worst position it would not hurt them if they had the 1st pick overall as long as they fix it before next year. I believe it has to do on who is their at 3 though. If Reggie is their, I have a feeling that a lot of teams will be calling. Same with Young...... Maybe not Leinart though... If Leinart is there I would consider it and move down. If you really wanted a QB you could grap more picks and take Culter later on. Who knows though.

The earlier points about the Jets cap space are interesting. I didn't realise they were in that much cap trouble. Does anyone know what their cap situation is projected to be?
I am sure it is a long shot at best, maybe even impossible, but what kind of cap number does JMac have for them? If they are cutting Cap dollars, maybe we trade for him?

Sounds impossible at first thought, but so did the Santana Moss shuffle.

MadAboutMcNair said:
The earlier points about the Jets cap space are interesting. I didn't realise they were in that much cap trouble. Does anyone know what their cap situation is projected to be?
I am sure it is a long shot at best, maybe even impossible, but what kind of cap number does JMac have for them? If they are cutting Cap dollars, maybe we trade for him?

Sounds impossible at first thought, but so did the Santana Moss shuffle.

I'm not sure JMac would help us hardly at all. JMac isn't a quality #1 WR and I'm not sure he is any better than the WRs we have now. Our rookies will be making a jump in their second year and Calico will be another year removed from his knee injury.

I saw the Miami article where they were considering the options Miami had to get a QB. Options discussed included trading Ricky Williams and Marty Booker to get a vet QB or move up in the draft. Only problem is Miami picks #16 but if we could get Ricky Williams who has a very low CAP number, a #1 WR in Booker and Miami's 1st and 2nd round pick or something would we consider it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back