Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Brees had Gates in SD. The Saints need a TE. If it takes trading Ben Troupe to get into the #2 spot to get Leinart, I do it.

:chuck:

Brian said:
Brees had Gates in SD. The Saints need a TE. If it takes trading Ben Troupe to get into the #2 spot to get Leinart, I do it.

:chuck:

I don't like the price (but I would be willing to throw in Woolfolk), but I absolutely agree with the intent. If we move into #2 we almost guarantee ourselves Leinart. In my mind there is no doubt he is the biggest piece ofthe puzzle in getting us back to the playoffs.

Why in the hell would we do that. Makes no sense we will have a shot at whoever. And like RoyHobbs said we will probably trade down before we trade up.

Troupe ready to rock!

The guy is starting to put up almost gates-whitten type numbers. He averaged 60 yards per game in his last 6 games almost a 1000 yard pace and that includes a game when he didn't have any yards at all. He had a 67 yard game, an 89 yard game and a 116 yard game. Consider that tony gonzales didn't have one 100 yard game last year.

Wouldn't seem right to move up to draft lienart and also lose a weapon like troupe. This guy can put serious numbers for us. He will give us wycheck type numbers for many years to come.

RollTide said:
Wouldn't seem right to move up to draft lienart and also lose a weapon like troupe. This guy can put serious numbers for us. He will give us wycheck type numbers for many years to come.
for once i agree with you.

Same here. No way is losing Troupe a good idea, and in no way is trading up a good idea.

For one, that's mortgaging the future. Teams have you if they think you're desperate and trading up one spot is a sign of desperation. Whichever falls, Leinart or Young is fine at #3, and I don't think it's worth that much sweating one over the other. I would like us to draft Young myself, but I don't want to trade up to do it. Even if teams traded into #1 and #2 and took those guys, I might just take Cutler at #3. But trade up? No.

RollTide said:
whitten type numbers.

sure wish the Titans had been able to get Whitten. He is a good one. I still remember seeing him out run Florida's secondary in college. Not many TE's can do that.

Ewker said:
sure wish the Titans had been able to get Whitten. He is a good one. I still remember seeing him out run Florida's secondary in college. Not many TE's can do that.
we had our chance, he lasted until the third round.

Ewker said:

That's funny. I remember him fumbling the ball in mid-air right into Florida's secondary.

Gunny said:
It's Witten btw.

But no way we trade up and no way we trade Troupe.

Troupe will be a monster.

On the money Gunny. As a matter of fact, according to NFL Network, there will be no trade up or down. The pick trade talk is centering between the Saints and the Jets. It looks like the Jets are trying to trade up to get Leinart and the Saints due to signing Drew Breeze are willing to move out of the #2 spot to #4. Remains to be seen. NFL Network said it looks like the Titans will sit tight in #3, which makes since. Can Volek lead to the post season or Super Bowl for that matter. Sitting at #3 would mean Young or Cutler.

Don't forget that the Saints might have a player in mind already. If they trade down with the Jets and the Jets take Leinart, there is a chance that we might draft the player they want. I'm not sure they would want to take that chance. At least I hope not cuz I really think we should take Leinart if possible lol.

Why is Leinart now back on top as the #1 QB? Guys, he's been compared to Tom Brady but Tom Brady has above average arm strength. This guy doesn't. He wins, but Young won the NC too. They all have pedigree (Cutler).

I don't like the idea that Leinart is now the #1 as I don't think he'll become the great pro player everybody else sees. Cutler has more upside IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back