Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
dg1979us said:
Well if thats the case what do we need with Leinart? Schaub has been in the league what, 2 years? He is still a young QB who looks to have loads of potential. I really see no difference in acquiring him than going with a rookie. Especially considering we could then use the 3rd pick on another player. I think its perfectly reasonable, depending on just how much atlanta is asking for.

Spending the 3rd pick on a QB is spending draft capital too is it not? If we take Schaub we still have the 3rd pick, and we get our QB of the future. If we take Leinart we have our QB of the future, but no longer have our 3rd pick? Im not sure why you think this is so unreasonable, Im not saying it will happen, but I certainly think its worth looking into.

Most all coordinaters want to be HC, I dont think there is any secret about that. And we were pretty successful under Heimerdinger too werent we? WHy didnt we just hire a guy to run that system? Its Chows system, you cant just bring in anybody off the street and expect them to run a system like Chows without missing a beat. If Chow is gone, most likely his system is gone too.

And what are you talking about rubbing it in your face. We dont have to agree on everything, and I think Im being pretty civil here, settle down.

Please, I meant the "I told you so bit" most light heartedly. Trust that. You make excellent points. All I see is classic Floyd Reese smoke screen.

I'm really out of ammo because the draft a qb argument really has it's balls nailed to the wall. All I can really say is that Schuab sucks :brow: and we'd be stupid to pass on Matt Leinart... that and we could win big with Vince Young. I'm not impressed with Scuab's two starts... plus we have the luxury of time to develop a qb, couple that with Leinart knowing Chow's system... and I'm off to repeating myself...

Hey, on a personal note, I'm not worked up over here in the least. I've got a crappy head cold and I'm swooning on NyQuil...still, I think we should draft a qb at #3. 80% or more of the posters here seem to think that way. I do detest being in the majority.

The only reason we would trade for Schaub is because Volek doesn't want to be here unless he's going to be the starter. Other than his durability, I'd take Volek over Schaub, but I haven't seen enough of Schaub to want him badly enough. Volek's under contract for now anyway, so it's pointless. What a lateral move that is, IMO - and in time, Schaub will want to start, too.

If the Jets are going to leapfrog us to #2 to get Leinart, the smart move is to let them trade with us for slightly less, bump down to #4 then take Young or Cutler. I'd still take Young over Cutler, but with a couple of extra draft picks, I could live with it.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Please, I meant the "I told you so bit" most light heartedly. Trust that. You make excellent points. All I see is classic Floyd Reese smoke screen.

I'm really out of ammo because the draft a qb argument really has it's balls nailed to the wall. All I can really say is that Schuab sucks :brow: and we'd be stupid to pass on Matt Leinart... that and we could win big with Vince Young. I'm not impressed with Scuab's two starts... plus we have the luxury of time to develop a qb, couple that with Leinart knowing Chow's system... and I'm off to repeating myself...

Hey, on a personal note, I'm not worked up over here in the least. I've got a crappy head cold and I'm swooning on NyQuil...still, I think we should draft a qb at #3. 80% or more of the posters here seem to think that way. I do detest being in the majority.

Does a smokescreen help us in this situation though? If we showed interest in Culpepper, and now Schaub, doesnt it show are interested in QB? Meaning, if we dont get one, then teams wanting Leinart would certainly think we would draft him, so they would be even more likely to trade up to #2 and take him ahead of us.

I think its interesting. A few weeks ago it seemed the first 3 picks were a lock. Now you have NO going with Brees instead of taking a young QB, you have us inquiring about Culpepper and Schaub ( to some degree at least), you have the Jets inquring about Schaub and Ramsey, and you have the Dolphins going with Culpepper instead of takign their chances that Cutler would fall to them. What I think this says is maybe GMs arent sold on these QBs to the degree we might think.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
The Jets should go out and get Schaub.

Well they certainly appear to want either he or Ramsey. THe Falcons arent parting with Schaub though unless they can get a quality backup, which is why Michael Smith seemed to think that if Schaub is traded, its most likely to us. The Jets dont have anybody to offer, nor do the Vikings have anybody to offer, we of course, have Volek to offer.

I started a rumor thread just to mess with people about Schaub and the Jets...
lol.

it'll be interesting to read the speculation it generates...

:geek: :ha:

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
I started a rumor thread just to mess with people about Schaub and the Jets...
lol.

it'll be interesting to read the speculation it generates...

:geek: :ha:
It's already a rumor. It was in the New York papers yesterday.

TitanJeff said:

Yeah but BI POLAR started the Schaub to the Jets rumor. The New York Post included that 'purple money dishwasher' part.

:brow:

TitanJeff said:
I don't read the New York papers.

It was just a speculation thread. Honestly, I made it up and created a thread called "Schuab to sign with Jets"
I put a link to the front page of the jets website.
Big deal. It's not like it said Eddie George signing with Panthers.
That's just flying pig territory there.
It was speculation presented as news. Just not "fake news"...
That link that Brian has posted tripped me out. I was just thinking about the Jets yesterday and it seemed about as legitimate as Volek to be a Raven???:suspect:

Bipolar can't start the rumors that the POST publishes.
He can only think of them at the same time while still unaware.:sad2:

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
I'm sorry. I don't mean to pick on you. I'm not really a jerk once you get to know me, but waaa???? High flying Chow-type offense? What does that look like? Who is running a run and shoot? I don't think a team has run that since I was in elementary school. Ball control is good. I especcially like it when it is predicated on the run...but, you overlook this... Chow's offense is a short passing game (ball control) ... Even Matt wimpy arm could but enough zip on the ball for a 6 yard out pattern. Where are you going with this?

Chow's offense at BYU, South Carolina, and USC was a three receiver, one-back set that racked up a ton of yards and points...not exactly the run and shoot, but close. It wasn't high flying here because our players sucked. People on this Board are making an agrument that Lienart is the best fit because he knows the system. My points are (1) Chow's offense is not a proven commodity in the NFL and (2) He'll be outta here to become a college head coach at the first good opportunity, so the QB we draft will outlive Chow and his system.

BTW, do you work at IHOP or something???

no, I'm a sheetmetal mechanic.
I see what you mean now. Some of the terminology you used...
nevermind that. I see what you are saying... but are you saying that McNair was unable to play his game? Did the entire offense suck? What made Chow fail?

McNair was not the problem. The OL was terrible and that effects all that you are trying to do. We had rookie WR's, Henry got suspended, Bennett got hurt...it could have been a bunch of dumb luck. Some of it may have had to do with Chow running a little too much of Dinger's offense and mixing it with his....let's hope this year turns out better.

royhobbs said:
McNair was not the problem. The OL was terrible and that effects all that you are trying to do. We had rookie WR's, Henry got suspended, Bennett got hurt...it could have been a bunch of dumb luck. Some of it may have had to do with Chow running a little too much of Dinger's offense and mixing it with his....let's hope this year turns out better.
I think it is fair to put some of McNair's problems on the OL and a lack of targets but he made a number of mental errors last year and was just horrible in others. Go back and look at some of the grades given to him after some games which were done on the site. He was far from his MVP form last year.

McNair looked rushed on a lot of his mistakes or he looked like he was forcing the issue trying to win with his arm and not trusting his team it was very clear that his timing was off with the receiving corp and he didnt seem to trust them I understand bennett was keyed by the defense but he Volek always finds him more often just one of those qb wr relationships similar to mcnair wychek and mcnair mason he needs to build that rapport once again be it givens or bennett or one of the young guys (jones seemed to be fitting that bill until injury) alot of the best qb's had their go to wideout marino clayton favre and sharpe favre and brooks etc. i would put rice in there with young and montana but rice would have been good with ryan leaf in his prime lol anyhow to get mc9 looking mcmvp we need to see a consistant running game and a better qb wr rapport in chow's system or anyone else's he has to win now so I bet he'll put in the work to get this team better. One way or another.

Well, I was wondering about Mcnair until they tried putting Volek in. Then I really saw how bad the Oline was. I still think volek is a solid qb and could be a starter on some clubs. I also think tht Mcnair has lost a step or two, but mostly I think last years problems were Oline and WR.

To be honest I think we solved a big part of that when we let hopkins go. How many penalties did he have last year? I've seen the number, but I'm too lazy this morning to look it up.

Add that to his domestic violence dispute, and I'm pretty glad he's gone. DV stuff bothers me more than pac's stuff.

The thing I noticed most about McNair was that he never ran when things broke down (which they did alot). I know there is a risk for injury and he had the sternum operation, but he was not a dual threat at all. He's never been the most gifted pocket passer. His mobility is what set him apart and I did not see much of that last year. I realize age might be catching up with him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back