Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the original question, apparently a coach can be traded for a player, but not a round 1 AND the top cheese has to approve it. It sounds as if Jets & Chiefs are working on something similar.

This is NOT an opinion to do it with Fisher but that it is still possible.

Regardless of whether or not this is actually possible of ever taking place, I wouldn't want Jeff coaching a divisional opponent

here's a spin on the topic (kinda)

how 'bout bringing Capers in as DC ?

Puck said:
Regardless of whether or not this is actually possible of ever taking place, I wouldn't want Jeff coaching a divisional opponent

here's a spin on the topic (kinda)

how 'bout bringing Capers in as DC ?

NO!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'M MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Hellblitzer said:
Tampa did for Gruden........... How did the Raiders get Sapp.....

Actually, the Raiders signed Sapp as a free agent.

And according to PFT, you can trade draft picks for head coaches, but not assistants.

The issue isn't IF we would trade Fisher for the pick. The issue is NO team would trade the first pick in the draft for Fisher straight up. I'm not sure there is a coach in the NFL with the exception of maybe Bill Belichick, who has the highest postseason winning percentage of any head coach in NFL history, and is the only head coach to win 3 Super Bowls within 4 years. Still, even Belichick isn't going to win without good players.

I agree that no way would Tennessee get the #1 pick for Fisher straight up.

So, let's crush that nutty thought.

B0000959E0.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

Bennett83 said:
Sounds like your OCD is kicking in.....
Man, It's a stuggle just to kick it out! You're funny though! :ha:
GoT said:
Bring in Wally Moose for all I care, anyone would be as effective as Fisher's current pet DC.
How 'bout dump Chow and bring in this pair
for offensive and defensive coordinators?

rockyandbullwinkle.jpg

Honestly, even though I've knocked on my favorite cowpoke Overalls for being a fan of a "Dom Caper's coached team"...I think I'd like Dom okay...

Do you think Berman would do the
Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom,
dooty, doo,
Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom...
for us? The nice thing about getting Dom is all he would have to do is fill out an application. Don't let your Texan hate blind you. Dom did good things in Carolina before things went sour. Bullwinkle would be better than Swartzie. Besides, that's great rivalry fodder 'ya know...:winker:

nigel said:
Actually, the Raiders signed Sapp as a free agent.

And according to PFT, you can trade draft picks for head coaches, but not assistants.

i am pretty certain you cant do that. I remeber it was an issue after it happened.

Yeah, I thought the trading of picks for a coach was off limits as well. Our local paper had an article about the coaching changes & said that if the Chiefs get Edwards they may have to give up some draft picks. Given it was a local paper, but the article was straight off the AP.

we don't need #1 pick!

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duh?

PaCmAn 4 MvP32 said:
we don't need #1 pick!

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duh?

90jsuperfans2.jpg

YOU TALKIN ABOUT A BIG FISHA' OR A LITTLE FISHA' ???

1st time poster. Jeff is a very good coach. He may not be the best, but I would put him near the top. This would be an incredibly stupid move to let him go. I mean if you let them go who the heck are they gonna bring in that is anywhere near the head coach Jeff Fisher is.

Welcome to the forum, vnomus2.

Though I think Fisher is a good coach, you have to look at the team he's put on the field the last two seasons. Give him a pass for an injury-plagued team in '04 but the undisciplined team we saw this year points to a problem. Maybe Fisher gets things back on track but I don't think he did a good job coaching this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back