Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The overturned INT had to be the worst job of refereeing that I have ever seen. It was obviously an INT.

The fact that they were able to watch it on replay, and somehow come up with enough mythical evidence to overturn the call is ludricrous...

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
oh lets...you mean the 4th and short when the Colts D made contact, then they pointed at Pittsburgs O-line and no flag came out but yet they blow a whistle? I still don't understand that one. That should have been 5 yards automatic 1st down...Steelers still picked it up but really...WTFIUWT?

Well, if you taped the game, take a close gander at Allan Faneca prior to the snap and you'll indeed see he is moving. So it should have been a false start on Pitt and not a no call.

About the interception I'm pretty sure the rule says if you fall to the ground while you're catching the ball you have to maintain possesion either until you're off the ground or the play is dead. Polamalu clearly did not.

If you want to talk about Zebra conspiracies you should look at the Seahawks-Redskins game.

Vigsted said:
About the interception I'm pretty sure the rule says if you fall to the ground while you're catching the ball you have to maintain possesion either until you're off the ground or the play is dead. Polamalu clearly did not.
You can't be serious. If he'd stayed on the ground, it would have been ruled an INT. As he was making the move up from the ground, his knee knocked the ball out.

It was one of the worst calls in NFL Playoff history.

Jeff's right, the rule says that you have to make a "football move". now, I'm not sure that Troy made one by rolling over but he clearly had possession of the ball.

did you notice that once he popped it loose, he fell on it and just laid there waiting for someone to touch him ? hell, he should have got up and ran with it, because no Colt even attempted to touch him down even though there had been no whistle blown

Peyton can't win a playoff game, even with the ref's help

I like what they did in the Rose Bowl where the booth had the option of reviewing any play that they saw fit
The NFL should implememnt this also. it cannot be left purely in the hands of an on-field ref or a sidelined coach who neither have that good of a view of the action - nor do they have the ability to slow it down to 1/32 or rewind and replay

as Section 303 Predators fans would say
"I'm blind, I'm deaf - I wanna be a Ref !"

TitanJeff said:
You can't be serious. If he'd stayed on the ground, it would have been ruled an INT. As he was making the move up from the ground, his knee knocked the ball out.

It was one of the worst calls in NFL Playoff history.

I'm dead serious, and the rule is the way it is. There was a touchdown by Laveranues Coles (I think, or maybe Santana Moss) earlier this season that was called back because of the same rule.

Btw, notice that it's Greg Aiello who made the judgement call statement, not Mike Pereira.

Puck said:
I like what they did in the Rose Bowl where the booth had the option of reviewing any play that they saw fit
The NFL should implememnt this also. it cannot be left purely in the hands of an on-field ref or a sidelined coach who neither have that good of a view of the action - nor do they have the ability to slow it down to 1/32 or rewind and replay

as Section 303 Predators fans would say
"I'm blind, I'm deaf - I wanna be a Ref !"

You do realize that it was called an interception on the field, and overturned on replay right? And it's not just the referee who looks at the video, it's also the review officials upstairs.

Vigsted said:
You do realize that it was called an interception on the field, and overturned on replay right? And it's not just the referee who looks at the video, it's also the review officials upstairs.

Let me add to that. It's not only the officials looking at the play. It's the announcers, players, coaches, and the millions of fans around the world watching on the TV. And the consensus seems to say: It was CLEARLY a Int!

KobeChaz said:
It's the announcers, players, coaches, and the millions of fans around the world watching on the TV. And the consensus seems to say: It was CLEARLY a Int!

And 99% of them don't know the rules. Let me ask you, when was the last time you read the Official NFL Rulebook? And no I don't mean those abbreviated easy reading glossover rules you find on NFL.com or other sites. Even the NCAA rulebook contains technicalities that are almost impossible to understand, yet alone remember.

Vigsted said:

i believe that the ruling was made on the field
and overturned on the field

the booth doesn't have the authority to make determinations

Vigsted said:
And 99% of them don't know the rules. Let me ask you, when was the last time you read the Official NFL Rulebook? And no I don't mean those abbreviated easy reading glossover rules you find on NFL.com or other sites. Even the NCAA rulebook contains technicalities that are almost impossible to understand, yet alone remember.

ok, since you seem to be the expert on this matter

what exactly made this play an incomplete pass ?

Puck said:
i believe that the ruling was made on the field

No Dungy challenged it and it was overturned.

Puck said:
ok, since you seem to be the expert on this matter

what exactly made this play an incomplete pass ?

Look up a few posts and you'll see why I think it was the correct call. However, as I also point out, it is only my belief; I haven't read the Official NFL Rulebook either. I trust the officials have though.

Vigsted said:
No Dungy challenged it and it was overturned.
what kinda response is that ?
THE RULING IS ALWAYS MADE ON THE FIELD

Look up a few posts and you'll see why I think it was the correct call. However, as I also point out, it is only my belief; I haven't read the Official NFL Rulebook either. I trust the officials have though.

I don't want to search aimlessly trying to find your needle in this haystack
thats why I asked you. it's not a hard question. and doesn't require half of the wordage it took you to sidestep it.
forget the rulebook
forget the ruling on the field
forget Dungy challenging it
forget the overturning of the ruling

why do YOU think it was an incomplete pass / non-INT

Vigsted said:

it says that the player has to make a 'football move' while having possession. this usually means that he needs to take a step. just because he popped it out with his knee means nothing - except that he fumbled it.
I bet if Indy had recovered it, it would have been Indy ball at the spot.

and speaking of the play is dead - the whistle never blew, indicating that the ball was still in play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back