Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amani Hooker was a better player than Vacarro last year anyways. More than anything, it hurts depth, but we'll get someone a lot cheaper who can provide quality depth.

Small sample size though. Hooker wasn’t out there enough to really compare them.

Ok.. lol. Then how do you know before free agency or the draft who is going to play that position. We need a pass rush. We will be able to find secondary help when this all washes out.

Man there sure is a whole bunch of crying for players on a defense that everyone hated. One of the main reasons you don’t have quality or depth is too much money tied up in too few players. We are correcting that and y’all still complaining,

Where we getting this money to get solid starters that bring vet leadership and an edge?

Let me know.

Better yet- let JR know.

476 snaps is a legit sample size.

Not when comparing him to a guy who played at least double that.

I’m a fan of Amani and think he’ll do a good job but classic GoTitans is thinking because someone played well in a limited role means he can be a starter. There might be a reason he was in a limited role.

Where we getting this money to get solid starters that bring vet leadership and an edge?

Let me know.

Better yet- let JR know.

I hear you but with the salary cap the way it is around the league a lot of teams are doing the same thing. Going to be some smaller deals or a lot of deferred money handed out this year in FA. Players should technically be “cheaper” we will see.

Let me know.

Better yet- let JR know.

I see a voidable yr being added onto Tannehill's deal....take his base salary down to vet minimum and turn 22.5mil of his base into a signing bonus...with the extra voidable yr added to his deal it would save a little over 10mil on this yrs cap....while not really putting his future total money out of range with where starting QBs will be getting compensated.

From what I can tell, Overthecap says we have roughly 189 million in cap liabilities (including dead money). That leaves 1.9 million in cap space. However, this doesn't factor in the the cuts we've made the last 2 days for Butler and Vacarro, nor does it appear to include the 8 million in rollover cap.

So for our cap space we should have the 1.9 + 8 rollover + 10.2 for Butler + 3.9 For Vaccaro.

That leaves us with 24 million in current cap space. It's possible I'm missing something or that OTC is wrong. But I believe this to be our current cap space.

Edit: I may have read that wrong or was looking at an old list

. NFL Salary Cap Space | Over The Cap

13.5 million before Vacarro was cut. Now we have a little over 17 million.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I can tell, Overthecap says we have roughly 189 million in cap liabilities (including dead money). That leaves 1.9 million in cap space. However, this doesn't factor in the the cuts we've made the last 2 days for Butler and Vacarro, nor does it appear to include the 8 million in rollover cap.

So for our cap space we should have the 1.9 + 8 rollover + 10.2 for Butler + 3.9 For Vaccaro.

That leaves us with 24 million in current cap space. It's possible I'm missing something or that OTC is wrong. But I believe this to be our current cap space.
Spotrac has us at $17.5
Tennessee Titans 2021 Salary Cap

Not when comparing him to a guy who played at least double that.

I’m a fan of Amani and think he’ll do a good job but classic GoTitans is thinking because someone played well in a limited role means he can be a starter. There might be a reason he was in a limited role.
I think the reason was just Vaccaro still performing pretty well.
I agree with your overall comment, it’s been done many times but in this case, I really think Hooker is ready and was only limited because of the actual depth chart. Probably not outperforming vaccaro to take his place but capable of holding down the spot if vaccaro isn’t there.

I think the reason was just Vaccaro still performing pretty well.
I agree with your overall comment, it’s been done many times but in this case, I really think Hooker is ready and was only limited because of the actual depth chart. Probably not outperforming vaccaro to take his place but capable of holding down the spot if vaccaro isn’t there.

Sure and like I said I tend to agree that Amani can step into that role. But we just can’t assume that’s an automatic upgrade.

Vaccaro was one of our better run defenders. Amani is better in coverage I think but like I said that’s why his role was what it was.

Sure and like I said I tend to agree that Amani can step into that role. But we just can’t assume that’s an automatic upgrade.

Vaccaro was one of our better run defenders. Amani is better in coverage I think but like I said that’s why his role was what it was.
I didn’t look it up but I thought more of his snaps were actually as a nickel DB.

One of the other posters mentioned it too, I think vaccaro had some vet leadership that will be lost as well.

We have gutted the team of vet leadership the last two years. It showed up last year too. We clearly are undervaluing that aspect of the roster.

Not last year he wasn't...at least the Baltimore game he seemed to just run along with them
I was gonna say the same thing, he was a big hitter but last year he's was as soft as Charmin 2020. I honestly think all the players thought covid was gonna cancel the season and phoned it in before the season started. Vaccaroand Byard both shit the bed. They let the younger guys out play them. Vaccaro lost his starting spot to Hooker.

I was gonna say the same thing, he was a big hitter but last year he's was as soft as Charmin 2020. I honestly think all the players thought covid was gonna cancel the season and phoned it in before the season started. Vaccaroand Byard both **** the bed. They let the younger guys out play them. Vaccaro lost his starting spot to Hooker.
Our D was social distancing

Not surprised by the cut. Don't really mind this one.

I like Hooker just fine, but I'm not sure that Hooker is better than Hooker + Vacarro. We've lost a lot of toughness and tackling and experience the last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back