Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I don't know how much stock anyone puts into ESPN magazine, but they had an interesting list of all the starting QBs in the league in a recent issue. The list was actually a rating list (#1 being the best, of course). Steve McNair was rated at #22 while Billy Volek was rated at #21, I believe. I have never seen the list and don't subscribe to the magazine myself. I heard about it from Paul Jones, the local sportscaster on FOX 17. I didn't hear the source for the QB list during the newscast, so I emailed him. He said it was in the most recent issue of ESPN mag. Anyone got a subscription or the actual mag? I thought that the rating was pretty interesting.

Billy Volek is rated above Steve McNair, but its Billy at 20 and Steve at 21.

A caption under Billy:
"Until Vince Young is ready, he'll make decent things happen with smarts and poise."

And Steve:
"Arm still works, but the rest of his body breaks down with alarming frequency."

Who gets more snaps this year???

Volek who could breakdown at any time or be unseated by Young, or McNair and his glass sternum, or calf, or shoulder, or ect...

TitanJeff said:
Thanks for the tip! I'm ranking Volek higher than McNair for the Titan Cup draft. :brow:

I have yet to see either drafted in 12 team 10 round drafts

there should be games that Billy will light it up (INDY for instance)
and there may also be games where he'll be average (because we're winning and running)
I like Volek as a #2 QB easily with a potential to be a 1

Steve will deal with growing pains and Billickitis
he won't need to sling it because that defense will keep the scores modest
I don't see Steve eclipsing 3,000 yards
I'd have Steve as a borderline 2/3 QB - wouldn't start him for nothing

I anticipate Volek to leap up draft boards come week3 preseason

Steve isn't a number one (fantasy wise), but neither is Volek. They're ranked about where they should be though, although I'd have McNair higher because Mason and Heap are more proven then what we got.

KamikaZ said:
Steve isn't a number one (fantasy wise), but neither is Volek. They're ranked about where they should be though, although I'd have McNair higher because Mason and Heap are more proven then what we got.

I still think you have to account for knowledge of the system

I believe that Billy can make a few starts in fantasy

On the Volek>McNair statement. I think Billy is just as succeptible to injury as McNair is. Remember that Lions game two years ago? Last game of the season. Billy got tackled and his frickin throwing arm popped out of the socket.

From a fantasy standpoint I would give the nod to McNair. However, Billy could really light it up but McNair is the safer bet.

Starkiller said:
Billy won't be lighting it up if they go back to Fisherball

Which they more than likely will. And, if/when then do, that means we'll see VY even sooner.

It would be seem to be an easier offence for a young QB to grasp than a passing offence.

They won't pull Volek just because he isn't playing like a HOFer. If he's playing well despite not throwing for big numbers, he's fine. It's if he starts turning the ball over or fails to move the chains when they ask him to where Vince could get the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back