Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what will it say about Houston if the #3 and #2 pick both get more money? That they underpaid their pick or that they reached?

That's a LOT of money, I hope a ton of it is in incentives. It says the deal is similar to Williams', does that mean no signing bonus? It's interesting that there's less guaranteed money than Williams, that's a good thing. I think the new rules could be the death of the killer signing bonus, which is good, incentive contracts are better.

Good Job Reese, now sign White!

bulluck4dMVP said:
I bet the Saints FO is pissed about this because now it means Reggie will ask for even more money...

Didn't he already don that? My guess is Bush blew all that smoke waiting for Vince's deal to get done so he could set a benchmark

First day of training camp, Vince signed sealed and delivered... gonna wear the VY10 jersey tomorrow :)

Yeeeee Hawwwww! Let the games begin!

Deals Reached for Young and White

SUMMARY: Contract terms have been reached with both first-round draft pick Vince Young and second-round pick LenDale White. Young's deal is for five years with an option for a sixth and could be worth as much as $58 million. It will include $25.7 million in guaranteed money. The value of Young's deal exceeds the contract signed by the NFL's No. 1 pick, Mario Williams. Terms for White's deal were not disclosed. Both are expected to join their teammates in Clarksville for the opening of training camp tomorrow. "We’re pleased to finish up these rookie contracts in time for camp," said Titans GM Floyd Reese. "This ensures that all of our rookies can focus on football and improving each day in practice so they can be in a position to contribute to the team."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I'm not thrilled that Young got more money than the top pick. I'm waiting for an explaination from Floyd on that one...

And yes, the Saints have got to be PISSED at us!

Starkiller said:
I'm not thrilled that Young got more money than the top pick. I'm waiting for an explaination from Floyd on that one...
the way i've heard it is that williams signed a four year deal for 54 mil and has an option bonus for two years that would add 8 mil to that. so while it looks like vince gets more money, he doesnt if williams is good enough to get that option.

It all depends on how the deals break down. You can guarantee that both of them will have their options picked up in 2007. So both will be for 6 years.

The guaranteed money is less that what Williams got, but not less enough considering he was picked 2 spots later. And Vince is scheduled to make more money total. That's an issue.

Williams has $8M additionally in potential incentives. We'll see if Young has incentives. That will make a difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back