Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starkiller said:
I'm not thrilled that Young got more money than the top pick. I'm waiting for an explaination from Floyd on that one...

And yes, the Saints have got to be PISSED at us!
If that pisses you off just wait til you here what LWhite incentives could do........................he could bring in over 6 mil yr one if he hits every one...................

If I understand correctly those bonuses could be deemed "likley to be achieved" and count against the current CAP, then when they are not achieved for whatever reason the CAP money ate up by the unused "likley to be achieved" incentive would roll into 2007 effectively transfering CAP from 2006 to 2007 thru unearned incentive $.

bongo59 said:
If that pisses you off just wait til you here what LWhite incentives could do........................he could bring in over 6 mil yr one if he hits every one...................
What's the word on the terms?

No one should be pissed ,just because, over the period of a 6 year contract, VY has the potential to make more than a # 1 pick D-lineman. A QB will always be in position to earn more money....as has been said by other posters.

Now as for Reggie Bush...He's beginning to look like a jerk, who comes from a family of borderline criminals....If I was A N.O. fan, I'd be %^#$%&...Maybe Houston knew something about Bush we didn't know.

VY ,White, and Bush all said they wanted to have a contract worked out, and be in camp on time...Now tell me...Who lied? I'm, glad we got the two we have.

Besides, don't we have about $13 million of dead money left over from McNair? That would free up a chunk for $$ that has to be paid next year.

silly silly me for worrying, WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING! GOOOOOOOOD JOB FLOYD, GOOD JOB VINCE AND LENDALE, YAWL TO WILL GET SPANKINGS FROM ME ANYWAY JUST BECAUSE THESE ONES WILL BE FUN! hehehehe sorry boys i have to be naughty today! but seriously, this IS VERY, VERY AWESOME!

bigtitan53279 said:
wouldnt be saying that if his name was matt leinart.
moose4now said:
Sure he would.

Just consider who's saying it.

Nice to see that VY's signed. Now let's get on with camp.

just goes to show what you two think you know. leinhart isn't worth that either

moose4now said:
But, I'm sure you think Steve McNair is worth that now.

Don't you? :winker:

nope not at all. I was all for Steve leaving to start with.

I just think the money these unproven rookies are getting is out of control. They need to set a cap on all rookies contract. If you are the 1st pick you get this much and it goes down from there.

If VY becomes what many of think he will it's a bargain if he doesn't what ever he got was to much. I for one am very glad Floyd didn't get hung up on what pick got how much and got him in camp on time. Everyone knows the reason Williams was drafted 1st was because they could saved a lot of money and they probably got what they paid for. I hope NO is pissed and Bush has a long hold out. Great job by Reese and the agents to get them all signed on time and in camp it's now time for Coach Fisher to get them ready.

Ewker said:
I just think the money these unproven rookies are getting is out of control. They need to set a cap on all rookies contract. If you are the 1st pick you get this much and it goes down from there.

I like that idea. So do the owners. It's the players who would never go for it.

Still, it's a happy day for me....GO TITANS....( hope these guys are worth it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back