Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be shocked if we traded Bennett, but if the price is right then anyone is tradeable especially when you are rebuilding. Although getting another draft pick next yr isn't exactly what we need given we already have an extra 6th from the Colts and 4th from the Ravens. The draft is going to be loaded with stud WRs though if a few underclassmen come out.

I would think that if noboby gets hurt that the decision would come down to Calico vs. Orr. If Calico has the dropsies and Orr looks good then Calico would be cut. If Orr doesn't look good then he is PS bound. If Calico can't be at least our #4 WR then you would think he is at major risk of being cut since he does nothing on STs.

Calvin Johnson from GaTech is another top WR that could come out.

I think Johnson, Jarrett, and Rice all have the measurables to be solid #1guys and top 20 picks.

An offensive trio of Vince Young, Lendale White and Calvin Johnson would set this offense up for ten years.

With our first round pick we need to be targetting pro-bowl quality players. We have got about 6 decent #2/#3 receivers on our roster and 2 borderline #1 receivers (Givens, bennett). A true standout #1 receiver would be a well placed investment in my view, and there is no better prospect than Calvin Johnson.

why draft another safety? O-line sure...not a another running back and so why not a wide reciever if he is REALY worth it...but then again we would be over loaded with WRs...so

safety because this is a make or break year for lamont as far as im concerned. i like the kid a lot and his potential, but this is the year for him to become a reliable starter if he's going to do it.

but would i take calvin johnson? absolutely....

if we're drafting high enough to get Johnson (top 5 position), we have some major issues somewhere on defense..my bet is we draft about 10 to 12th, and we go for a DL..

i heard he'll have room to re-sign in indy

we need...
o-line
DE
safety
our WR's could be amazing or amazingly average... we'll know that come draft time.

I'm guessing our upcoming needs are:
1. o-line - including center to replace Mawae a couple years out, and probably another high calibur guard/tackle type.
2. cornerback - always a need, always hurt, plus we're reluctant to keep the folks we draft so we have to keep bringing in new.
3. we might still be looking for chow's "scatback" type 3rd down back, although I'm hoping we find someone to fill that role this year (Ganther maybe)
4. We might need to put QB on our draft list also, although I'm guessing a free agent QB might be the preferred route. Volek won't hang around here as backup when VY takes over, so I'd guess a mid to late round draftpick spent on a developmental QB might be in the works next year. We can't keep cycling through league rejects at backup. Volek has been a luxury for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back