Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plausible deniability is definitely an argumentative point.
That came up so much in the Paterno case and it seemed like the court system kind of let guys like McQuery off the hook even though he was telling the story that he couldn’t say plausible deniability (I don’t believe he claimed it either).
I think there is real deniability among some of the coaches, maybe not all.
I think some are probably guilty of encouraging in one form or another, maybe even present as it happened.

I think the issue is, as it was at pedo state, is that the coaches should've known.

Much of this happened in the locker room. They also kept lists of freshmen to be dry raped on the wall of the locker room. And it went on for many years. No one asked "why are these names here?"

I think the issue is, as it was at pedo state, is that the coaches should've known.

Much of this happened in the locker room. They also kept lists of freshmen to be dry raped on the wall of the locker room. And it went on for many years. No one asked "why are these names here?"
I still see plenty of gray area. Maybe not so much for HC or even coord, but getting into assistants and other positional coaches, I could see them having genuine ignorance.

didn’t know about the list, but if it didn’t specify a “punishment”, anyone asking may have gotten a BS story that wasn’t against the rules. Is naive the same as looking the other way? Tough to say what they “should” have known without all the details of being there.

The coaches and trainers and other people in those locker rooms know what goes on. Hell, wouldn't be surprised if some of them weren't present when stuff like that happened and they just laugh it off.

schults-knows-nothing.gif

Plausible deniability is a popular excuse. Much of this happened though in the locker room.

The point is they should've known and not pretend to be colonel klink
Guarantee 100 few know of Sgt Schultz

“Hey, knock it off. Quit acting gay on the rookies. We don’t tolerate graying off around here.”

WTF is going on these days?

So you think sexual assault is just kid stuff? Despite your feelings what they did fits the criminal definition of sexual assault. And the law doesn't care about your feelings

There is also a school rule against it.

You might enjoy having a bunch of guys hold you down and dry hump you but not everyone does. And it is sexual assault

Sexual assault?

Come on now, that's pretty overboard based on the facts.

Sexual assault?

Come on now, that's pretty overboard based on the facts.
I'm sorry you feel that way but the law doesn't care about your feelings

If you hold someone down and rub your cock against their ass it's sexual assault.

Go up to a woman in public and do that, then watch what happens

I'm sorry you feel that way but the law doesn't care about your feelings

If you hold someone down and rub your cock against their ass it's sexual assault.

Go up to a woman in public and do that, then watch what happens

Dry humping with clothes on. Not nearly the picture you're painting.

Guys did this sort of childish shit all the time in high school. Shanked teammates out on in the hall way. Popping someone in the balls. Farting in your face if they caught you sleeping.

All acts that could legitimately be called "sexual assault" by the law. Half of your high schools would be in jail/juvy if we enforced this to the T.

Guys did this sort of childish **** all the time in high school. Shanked teammates out on in the hall way. Popping someone in the balls. Farting in your face if they caught you sleeping.

All acts that could legitimately be called "sexual assault" by the law. Half of your high schools would be in jail/juvy if we enforced this to the T.
while true.... these are 'adult' idots who risked their scholarships & freedom because of stupid crap... I get it they are not 52 years old but they 100% knew the crap was against the rules... and choose to behave like morons anyways .... just like it was still high school

Guys did this sort of childish **** all the time in high school. Shanked teammates out on in the hall way. Popping someone in the balls. Farting in your face if they caught you sleeping.

Yes they could and you’re 100% correct, they could police the schools and convict all these hazers as sexual offenders.

pretty glad to know these “games” are pretty much gone and punished harshly.

No need, no benefit, no gain, no learning lesson. Just pointless, demeaning harassment/sexual harassment/assault/sexual assault.
shouldn’t be tolerated and shouldn’t be looked back on fondly.

Yes they could and you’re 100% correct, they could police the schools and convict all these hazers as sexual offenders.

pretty glad to know these “games” are pretty much gone and punished harshly.

No need, no benefit, no gain, no learning lesson. Just pointless, demeaning harassment/sexual harassment/assault/sexual assault.
shouldn’t be tolerated and shouldn’t be looked back on fondly.
Sort of- they are minors. So the laws and punishment are applied with that in consideration.

The title of this thread is extremely misleading. There is a significant difference between hazing and a "recruiting" scandal. A recruiting scandal would be what transpired with Pitino at Louisville. Was Peter supplying prostitutes or money to prospective Northwestern recruits? Brandon Miller is in the NBA, some hazing that transpired at the NCAA level really ain't gonna make a shit in the grand scheme of things with Peter's NFL career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back