Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
4th and 1....and you call THAT????

Way to sabotage your own team, and take their chances away from converting on 4th and short.

Then...go for it again later rather than kicking the FG.

These guys played great today. McNair, Troupe, Bennett, the defense...Most everyone stepped up...

and the coaches screwed them over.

well our pass D was definitely not good to be honest with you..

but troupe and bennent came alive along with mcnair today...their performance was great

and once again we could not run the ball in 2nd half when he had the lead...

The game didn't come down to that 4th down?

What was the final score again?... had we converted that 4th down, we win this game more than likely.

Yes, the game came down to those 2 fourth downs. Moreso the first.

Woody81 said:
game didn't come down to that 4th down - they moved at will on us in the 4th quarter.

your right that they ran all over us in the fourth quarter, but not kicking the field goal was a terrible coaching move. If we get 3 points their, then we actually have a shot to take the lead on the later driver where we missed the 4th down. Whether that lead wouldve held is another story, but not kicking the field goal was horrible.

Mr. E said:
The game didn't come down to that 4th down?

What was the final score again?... had we converted that 4th down, we win this game more than likely.

Yes, the game came down to those 2 fourth downs. Moreso the first.
not going to argue with you because that seems to be a priority with you. Pretty obvious to everyone else though so....

In no way should we have kicked that field goal and I have no problem with the play call either... Brown kept bouncing outside on a play that appeared to be a dive.

I don't understand on that one 4th, why give it to Brown? I rather give it to Steve on a sneak or Henry - Chris' running style just wont get it done.

Bulluck said:
In no way should we have kicked that field goal and I have no problem with the play call either... Brown kept bouncing outside on a play that appeared to be a dive.

why shouldnt we have kicked the field goal? we were up by 3, that wouldve made it 6, so even if they score a TD then we only need a field goal to win. Im sorry, but Fisher blew that call and Im not sure how you can think other wise.

We had a chance to put the game away... thats all I can say because if it had worked you would be praising him right now, but I think he would do the same thing if he had the chance.

Bulluck said:
We had a chance to put the game away... thats all I can say because if it had worked you would be praising him right now, but I think he would do the same thing if he had the chance.

Im sure he would do the same thing if he had a chance, because he made a similar call last year against houston that wouldve brought us within a TD with 3 timeouts and the two minute warning on the board. Instead he goes for it and we dont make it and basically take away any chance we have of winning. Fisher is a great coach , but that was a poor decision. We had proven we could move the ball on them and proven we could play with them, why not just take the 6 point lead, where the worst case scenario would be, seattle scores, and we only need a FG to win. Instead we get no points, seattle scores, and we need TD to win, makes no sense what so ever.

(Bulluck)that sums it up - we've only won a few games this year. Why not go for the throat. Hassleback threw 3tds almost 300 yds, Alexander put up 170.....but we lost because we went for it on a 4th and didn't get it.

jeez guys. i was going to come on here and compliment our boys and you're angry? we lost. sure. but we should have lost. by more points than that. we got a taste of what next season might look like and frankly i liked it.

DeutschTitan said:
I don't understand on that one 4th, why give it to Brown? I rather give it to Steve on a sneak or Henry - Chris' running style just wont get it done.

I don't think Henry would have made that 1st even if he were actually playing today. Our OL as usual got blown up at the line. I do think the play was stupid because instead of running a dive we ran what looked like a mini stretch play. Our OL simply cannot block those plays. The called hole was absolutely stuffed with DL so Brown went outside to try to make somehting of it.

My biggest concern is McNair on those plays. McNair has to make a decision at the LOS and change the play. On one of the plays McNair had a bubble over right guard and instead of simply sneaking it for the yard we end up running a worthless call.

On the other 4th down at the end of the game McNair looked at Scaife the whole way. The Hawks triple teamed Scaife and McNair misses Troupe (I think) who was wide open. McNair actually still threw the ball kinda to Scaife. In that situation McNair has to take off running or pick another reciever. Heck, it was the ball game. Anything would have been better than that worthless throw.

dg1979us said:
why shouldnt we have kicked the field goal? we were up by 3, that wouldve made it 6, so even if they score a TD then we only need a field goal to win. Im sorry, but Fisher blew that call and Im not sure how you can think other wise.
because we weren't going to stop them on defense anyway. after we didnt make it they went 93 yards. as opposed to if we did make it, we have a 10 point lead and they would have to go 80 yards twice(which im sure they would have done)

bigtitan53279 said:
because we weren't going to stop them on defense anyway. after we didnt make it they went 93 yards. as opposed to if we did make it, we have a 10 point lead and they would have to go 80 yards twice(which im sure they would have done)

ok, but if we kicked the FG we wouldve only needed another FG to win, instead of a TD. I really dont understand how that isnt the obvious option. Your right, we couldnt stop them, so why not put yourself in a position to where you only need a FG to win, especially since our offense had proven we could move the football?

not to mention our team has not been good in short yardage conversions, or in the redzone. Even if we get that first down there is no guarantee we get a TD out of it. So we basically tried to do something that we have not been good at all year, which results in us having to try and convert more 4th downs on the next drive, instead of being able to kick a FG.

I don't agree with the 4th down call either. When you're ahead, play conservative. However saying it cost us the game is little much. We used on average 4 minutes per drive, the Seahawks used 3.5 minutes. So even had we kicked the 2 FG's, there would still be half a quarter left. However I still believe you kick the FG to pad the lead and hope the defense can make a stop or at least force them to use a lot of clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back