Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
they should of not of called it, but they did not really need to convert the chances of making it to the playoffs, but it still would of been cool if they had at least made it, let alone win it.

Hey, I know...with everyone stacked in the box, lets run a slow developing run play!

That's SURE to get us a first down!....

Any other time we sneak that ball. Any other time we convert. Too bad we're wanting a better draft pick instead of wins.

Not only was it entirely STUPID to go for it on that 4th, but the playcall was STUPID aswell. It'd be different if we tried something that had a slight chance of working...but nope....wonder why we'd do such a thing?....Maybe so our players buy into us "trying to win" when we're doing the exact opposite.

then they did it again...when they should've kicked a fg.

Most the time that's Fisher's style. He didn't try to win this game. Sorry folks. He tried to blow it in the end.

what was STUPID was their 3 play 80 yard drive for a td that destroyed any momentum we had.

and I'm not sure but I believe the missed 4th down was intended to go right up the gut but the line got blown up - not necessarily "a slow developing run play"

they played a very good team today and probably could have one had a few things gone differently I can agree with you on that. The throwing the game stuff is just bs and pointless to even throw out there.

Hello guys, Seahawk fan here from Anchorage. McNair played very well against our weak coverage, and this is our first game with out a recorded sack all year.

I knew coming into this game it would be close, every game Jeff has coached against us, we've only managed to slip by with 3 points.

Like a few of my Seahawk brothers said, the Titans would have probably won the game if you went for a couple of field goals instead of going for it on 4th down.

I'm glad Jarrett Payton got his 2nd TD, just not against us hehe.

See ya in 2009 at Qwest field.

I liked the call to go for it on 4th down. I didn't like the play, but I liked going for it. It was at a point in the game where it seemed like we could've won the game with a TD score at that point and they went for it.

Not that I think Seattle would've rolled over - but like Wychek says on his radio show -there are points in time where you're almost able to break a team's will, and I think Seattle could've felt they were beat if we scored a TD.

Hind-sight is 20/20.

If the play had worked, you'd be hailing Fisher and Co. as geniouses.

Move on. It was a hard faught game, and this team won respect with me.

I just don't understand the play calling on the two 4th downs we didn't convert. The first one, they only had four guys on the line of scrimmage. We could have easily ran a sneak for the 1st down. The second one, it would appear that McNair had the option to go to Scaife or Troupe. McNair even said he decided to go to Scaife immediately and stuck with him hoping he could make a play. Why not look for the second option? He wasn't under any pressure.

DeutschTitan said:
I don't understand on that one 4th, why give it to Brown? I rather give it to Steve on a sneak or Henry - Chris' running style just wont get it done.

Definitely should have been a sneak. McNair had a sneak later in the game, where the safety hit him, and didnt move him in inch backwards.

Yeah, that came right after the Brown failed conversion. Its surprising they didn't do it again. The commentators were saying all day how undersized the Seattle's front line was and we didn't take advantage of it on the other conversion.

Good to see the offense play well today. The defense just got schredded all day. They were trying to run the clock out at the end of the game and we can't even get them to third down?

JDee

I have no problem with going for it (if you can't make that 1st down you don't deserve to win IMO). I really don't understand the stupid play call. What is so hard about calling a wedge block and running a slam play behind your best OG (assuming we have one)? Our OL stinks overall but especially when they have to reach or pull. We would be better off having Todd Williams playing and running straight up blocking schemes (as in knock the guy directly in front of you on his arse) instead of this cutsy crap. Contrary to alot of people's beliefs Brown is not bad when he is running a straight slam type play. Where Brown isn't very good is anything that requires lateral movement especially in short yardage. So to summarize we called a play that was not the best play for our OL or our RB and the results showed. Another issue I have is with McNair. Either he doen't have the freedom or the understanding of spotting the weak point in the defense and exploiting it. Call a slam run with stright wedge blocking in the huddle. At the line call the designated hole. Even in HS the QB had an option of calling out "black opposite" which simply changed the play to the oppposite side. Teams that cannot get one yard don't deserve to win IMO.

I like the fact that they went for it too considering the circomstance of our team. It's not like we had anything to lose. I can't believe the play call either, though. How many times are we going to run that play on 4th down before someone on the sideline figures out that it doesn't work. The oline has to step it up on those plays and they got man handled, just they have all year.

OLine should be embarrased on not getting those conversions, especially that one down at the Seattle 6. Their frontline is extremely undersized and our bigger OL should have been able to get atleast a good push, but no we allow an undersized, but fast frontline to chase Brown around the corner and stop him. :sad2:

Anyone complaining about the fake punt?

If that hadn't worked, we would have had a dozen threads saying he should have just punted the ball.

You gamble at times in a game. You win some, you lose some. A good team wins more than they lose, and we're not there yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back