Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
wino said:
Don't bet on it. When it comes to dealing with the cap Bill Polian is as good as it gets. Hate on the Colts all you want, but ask anyone who knows anything about the NFL and they'll tell you....Bill Polian knows what he's doing.
Hardly. They are going to be killed in the cap here in about 2 years. Quick question wino, if Bill Polian knows what he is doing then why is he spending around half his cap on 3 offensive players.

maximus said:
Hardly. They are going to be killed in the cap here in about 2 years.

I've been reading this statement on this board for 3 years. Hasn't happened yet.

maximus said:
Quick question wino, if Bill Polian knows what he is doing then why is he spending around half his cap on 3 offensive players.

Obviously 'cuz he thinks that's going to work. Only time will tell. But I feel safe with Bill Polian at the controls. He's a master at finding hidden gems in lower rounds, and his scouting staff is top-notch.

Again...ask around the league. Polian is one of the (if not THE) most-respected GM's in the NFL. You don't get that respect (and the title of "GM Of The Year" 5 times) by making stupid decisions.

wino said:
I've been reading this statement on this board for 3 years. Hasn't happened yet.
If we say it long enough we might finally be right (the jags did that with us for 4 years), but since there may not be a cap any more...

The DOLTS rule regular season awards. I suspect the NFL will abandon the post season and just declare the DOLTS goodest team of the year

wino said:

Obviously 'cuz he thinks that's going to work. Only time will tell. But I feel safe with Bill Polian at the controls. He's a master at finding hidden gems in lower rounds, and his scouting staff is top-notch.

Again...ask around the league. Polian is one of the (if not THE) most-respected GM's in the NFL. You don't get that respect (and the title of "GM Of The Year" 5 times) by making stupid decisions.
In case you didnt get the memo, football is a game played by 11 players on offense defense and special teams. Teams in the NFL are allowed 53 players. Spending all your money one 3 players wont work. If you want to see how to win a SuperBowl, cut Manning(he'll choke, as usual), and follow the Patriots Pattern.

RollTide said:
For those who think it is dumb to sign wayne over james that is not the case. It will cost them twice that to sign james and james doesn't have 6 productive years left. If they sign james they not only lose wayne but there would be no way they could keep june.

It can be argued that James means more to the team then Reggie Wayne, they already have an excellent WR in Harrison and a decent #2 (but overpaid #3) in Stokely.

Isn't Edge the one who makes the play-action aspect of their offense work (outside of Manning)?

Gunny, I think that they feel they can get that with another back.
I don't like the Colts at all but I'd rather have Edge over CBrown.

I personally feel that Reggie Wayne gives more value to the team than Edge does. When Harrson's double covered Wayne will be there ready to make a play. I think it was a good decision to keep Reggie at the club

i think i'd rather keep James than Wayne

Peyton should be able to throw to moderate WR's like Favre's had to do

that offense will suffer from a weaker run game

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Wile_coyote.gif

The real Bill Polian

Super Genuis got the anvil dropped on him by that Special Master or whatever - lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back