Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
We took Vince at #3(I'm not really sold on him as a QB, but he is a great athlete, can he read a defense?) and then the likes of Sinorice Moss, Lawrence Maroney or even Kiwianuka or Tamba Hali were sitting there in the second round? what then do we do? Moss is the kind of player Chow's offense is geared for(quick, catch and make people miss), but then we are looking at a solid, very productive running back, and two stud DE's. do we go in another direction and take NEED and clearly reach back to pluck a safety, or do we take the best player no matter of position on the board? Just wondering, doing some mock draft research.

Jwill1919 said:
We took Vince at #3(I'm not really sold on him as a QB, but he is a great athlete, can he read a defense?) and then the likes of Sinorice Moss, Lawrence Maroney or even Kiwianuka or Tamba Hali were sitting there in the second round? what then do we do? Moss is the kind of player Chow's offense is geared for(quick, catch and make people miss), but then we are looking at a solid, very productive running back, and two stud DE's. do we go in another direction and take NEED and clearly reach back to pluck a safety, or do we take the best player no matter of position on the board? Just wondering, doing some mock draft research.
Kiwi wont be there, Moss could be there in the second though. We dont need another WR drafted that high, we have much more pressing needs

maximus said:
Kiwi wont be there, Moss could be there in the second though. We dont need another WR drafted that high, we have much more pressing needs

That's why the title says, HYPOTHETICALLY. What would you do if those 4 guys were there, take one or reach, that's what I'm asking.

Santana Moss is 5'10, Steve Smith is 5'9. just because they're short doesn't mean they can't play, they can be very productive and gamebreakers with their speed and most of all their quickness. No prototypical players here.

Puck said:
Moss is being projected in the first round
and he's 5'8" .... a little short by NFL standards

If you are talking about size, I will always prefer to have a Derrick Mason in my team than a Calico, size is not everything in this game, it helps but is not everything, If you have talent, courage, heart and balls you can play football.

There are comments in this thread about size, and the best receivers right now in football are Santana Moss and Steve Smith both below 6 feet.

I think we've all agreed that we would rather have a football player than a prototypical player. that's good.

We have also deviated from the main topic of this thread, what should we do if those 4 players were available at our 2nd pick and should we take them or reach for need at other positions?

height shouldn't matter at WR.. i.e. Steve Smith is 5'9'' and had to be triple covered in order to be stopped.. however, i def. believe that if hali was around in the 2nd round we should take him over moss... i think def. is more of a concern.. but then again i'm an Idiot

Jwill1919 said:
We have also deviated from the main topic of this thread, what should we do if those 4 players were available at our 2nd pick ...?

ok, back on topic

all 4 are projected 1st Rounders
if one happens to fall to us then they are worth a look
especially Kiwi .... but he should be WAY gone

no

Ko Simpson
Darnell Bing
Bobby Carpenter

would not be "reaches"

but I see no need in taking a WR there
I like the crop we came up with last year

Status