Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying Puck, but based on the hypothetical situation I have tried to create, we have the afore-mentioned players, whom as you said were projected 1st rounders fall to us in our 2nd round. Can we pass on them or should we pick for need? And frankly speaking, passing on one of those 4 to take a Ko(who?)Simpson, Darnell Bing, or Bobby Carpenter is a reach, because we are passing on superior talent and skills for a more needed position.[Nickey in '03]

Jwill1919 said:
to take a Ko(who?)Simpson, Darnell Bing, or Bobby Carpenter is a reach, because we are passing on superior talent and skills for a more needed position.

I don't think so

these dudes can play some ball and are talented in there own right

we are gonna need some safety and LB help those are big needs

there might be some flack if we took a WR there

I agree with the flack, 4 picks on WR in 2 consecutive drafts. I know who Ko Simpson is, but, besides him being a prototype safety, he isn't a playmaker but more like a Tank Williams who has moved up because of the lack of studs at the safety position throughout the entire draft. I'm not trying to give you *****, just trying to get an answer to see which is more important, given a "hypothetical" situation.

Dwayne Slay won't go any earlier than the 3rd.

Puck said:
Safety from USC
second rated (from some scouts) behind Michael Huff

did you forget about Jimmy Williams from Va Tech?!

some scouts say hes the #1 safety prospect 6'3 217 4.4 speed

very versatile, can play both corner and safety, much like fuller who is also from VT

Jwill1919 said:
you never gave this thread a chance, did you Puck?

sure I did, I've replied to it more than anyone

I juist don't think it's realistic to find Kiwinuka
or Hali
or Maroney

to be there in the 2nd

there's a smal outside chance that Moss might
but I think we got 5 good WR's on this team (save Calico)

but if it makes you happy, if Kiwi is there ...... HELL YEAH BOY !!!

There is no chance that Kiwi or the other players are there when we pick in the second round, unless the blow it at combine and/or personal workouts

IF one of them is around when we pick in the second, I am all for picking on of them, I personally would love to see many of those players in 2 tone blue

but let's talk realistically for a minute ........

in some Round 2 mocks, I've seen D'Qwell Jackson - ILB fall to us
also in the second may be Manny Lawson - OLB / DE , who had excellent workouts at the Senior Bowl; NFLDraftCountdown has him going 1 spot in front of us to SanFran

Puck said:
Eric Winston (OT)
Daniel Bullocks (S)
Donte Whitner (S)
and Maurice Stovall (WR / H-Back)

could all be real possibilities
I would love to Get Eric Winston with the 2nd round pick. Paired with Roos, our OTs could be dominate for years and give protection to the QB and open run lanes for whatever RB the Titans have

Jwill1919 said:
I can spin too......

he's the quickest WR in the draft

We'll see. I think his straight-ahead speed is perhaps the best. Again, we'll see. However, during that televised college competition, Chad Jackson ran the course faster than Sinorice Moss. 6'1" 205 lbs, and he beat him by several seconds. I like Jackson the most right now, myself. The others, Hagan, Stovall, etc. seem to have to build themselves back up. If nothing else happens, Jackson could be there when we pick in the 2nd, and I'd give him consideration if that were the case. Moss' size could cause him to slip before it's over.

Kiwi will drop, but to mid-late first. Hali might go sooner (M. Williams will be first I think). Moss, possibly, due to his size. Maroney I could see slipping a bit (could be a system product in Minnesota I think), but I think he goes before we pick since there is that rotation amongst tied teams crap. We'd have to trade up a little to get him. I think the Colts go after him if they lose James if FA.

I'll grant Moss as the most likely, and I think they pass on him given the need. As it stands, we couldn't wait until the 4th to grab a LB, S or OT/G.

GLinks said:
As it stands, we couldn't wait until the 4th to grab a LB, S or OT/G.

agreed, we need to take one of these 3 positions on the 1st day.
DE's / RB's / WR's can wait 'til Day 2 .... imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back