Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked because we missed out on all the good RBs left in the draft. Nash gets my vote to leave the island. He, Henry and Ganther all have the same height/weight combo. Ganther vs. Nash is basically what it is, but Peyton could lose his spot, too. I'd like to keep him, but 6 RBs and 1 FB is getting crowded.

Are they really not high on Troy Flemming anymore? He could get cut, I suppose. For that matter, they could put LenDale in at fullback, or even Payton being that he's the same height and weight, but without as good hands.

In the end, Nash and Payton are the likely choices. We carry Mr. Brown and Mr. White (it's all Reservoir Dogs in here), Henry, Ganther and Flemming. Too bad for Payton, unless they try to sneak Ganther onto the practice squad.

Besides, he is our starting RB

If he stays injury free, and gets 1200 yards, I think he'll get a new contact

Its make or break (literally) for Chris Brown this year

Well, he did his an escelator, so Brown is making some real money (over $1.5M). But obviously they aren't going to cut him. Trade maybe, but certainly not cut.

I don't think Brown or Henry will be gone this year, as good as White CAN be, he hasn't proved anything yet in the NFL. Why drop a back that you already know what he can and can't do if you're not sure what you really got in the new guy?

If Brown, Henry, White & Payton stay on the roster, where do we get our cap room beyond McNaire? Sirmon maybe... Calico maybe... Bennet maybe... Any opinions or knowledge?

GLinks said:
Picked because we missed out on all the good RBs left in the draft.

Cedric Houston and a few others were still there.

I think you get too caught up in height and weight. Henry has always run bigger than he is. I wouldn't worry at all about the size of the rb's, just who does better from now until cut time.

White at fb? I hope not. Ever seen him attempt a block? Not good from what I saw.

Payton does have good hands, and his blocking has improved. Maybe he could put up a fight with Troy.

SK, any idea how much cap space is left if Mac is gone and a guesstimation after rookie pool? We should have some significant change right? But guess it's not that important for getting more FA's, maybe just resigning some of our own.

About $5.5M. But remember some of that will go to the 52nd and 53rd player on the roster. Some will go to Brandon Jones and Waddell who will probably both be on the PUP list to start the season. And they will also need some space left over to free cap room in case they need it during the season.

if LenDale can step up and be somewhat productive the coaches see enough upside in him to start him someday but for now Brown is our back. Henry i think should be traded ,and i see more upside in Jarrett Payton than Henry!

Only that Henry has been to a Pro Bowl or two and Payton has had a carry or two.

Payton will never be better then Henry, that much is obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back