Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Vince Young, but if Vince does not come out, I want the Titans to trade down to around 10-20, pick a couple of extra picks up along the way. Then draft BPA, preferably DB, LB, DL or OL.

If we draft Vince Young, trade Volek for whatever he's worth, then use the remaining picks to work on the DB, LB, DL, or OL.

Young would have to be my top choice. Then Leinart. Then Bush. I would really probably take Bush over Leinart, but for the future and all, I'll say Leinart.

maximus said:
I want Vince Young, but if Vince does not come out, I want the Titans to trade down to around 10-20, pick a couple of extra picks up along the way. Then draft BPA, preferably DB, LB, DL or OL.

If we draft Vince Young, trade Volek for whatever he's worth, then use the remaining picks to work on the DB, LB, DL, or OL.

I don't think we need extra picks this year. We are so young already that I think we should focus on quality and not quanity. There's going to be some changes this year, meaning that, we're going to be replacing some of these guys like Kassell, Thompson (hopefully), maybe Tank, and who ever else they can upgrade. I'm not sure who it'll be but you can bet that Fish and Reese plan on making some serious moves to get this team back to a competitive level. Hell, they almost have to.... Another year like the last two and I think they'll start looking at new head coach's and GM's.

rcarie said:
I don't think we need extra picks this year. We are so young already that I think we should focus on quality and not quanity.
Nice spin on the topic

we will be in pretty good shape this offseason and could make several moves in the FA department. I would almost rather have a few more vets onboard .

Right now with Jacobs also declaring we could have some options depending on where Cutler and Jacobs rate in the Titans minds. I could see us getting some tempting offers for our 3rd pick and if the Titans really like Cutler or Jacobs they might consider a deal where they are assured of getting one of those guys.

Fisher and Reese have to be looking to try to get this team back to a playoff level ASAP while they still have time. Drafting a guy like Young might be great 4 years down the road but helps us little in the next couple of years.

If Young is there grab him, assuming it goes 1 Bush 2 Young I say take Ferguson or trade down to 8 ish if possible and take Hawk. Hopefully the Titans draft board does not have any immature midgets sitting at the top spot.

On the other hand if 9 is done, toast, kaput - then take Leinhart at 3 and have Volek pratice carring his pads around Baptist Sports Park

Not if McNair is gonna play 2-5 more years they don't. Would hate to leave a franchise LT or multiple pro Bowl MLB on the board for a project QB.

GoT said:
Not if McNair is gonna play 2-5 more years they don't. Would hate to leave a franchise LT or multiple pro Bowl MLB on the board for a project QB.

We all know McNair's got a year, two tops left in him. If we felt he was going to be around more than two years than we'd have a deal done right now. Fact is any QB is a project, Young a little more than others. I prefer him, though, because he can make things happen when plays break down and is willing to carry his team on his back. Leinhart is being compared to Brady, blah, blah, blah....great leader blah blah...but he's a statue in the pocket and our OLine isn't elite. He has no upside also. I won't be pissed if we wind up with Leinhart, but I can't help the thought of what Vince could be like after a year in the NFL behind McNair and being coached up by Chow. As for LT, we don't know whats up in the BHoppy situation and Roos is a very solid talent that can get things done at LT for this franchise for years to come. As for MLB, there aren't any with first round potential, most are 2nd rounders. I personally wouldn't mind getting Abdul Hodge in the second.

how doyou propose we TRADE DOWN and still land Fergy or Hawk + Cutler ? the physics just don't work out there

Hackney impresses me vs UT, but i didn't see much of him afterwards

Puck said:
how doyou propose we TRADE DOWN and still land Fergy or Hawk + Cutler ? the physics just don't work out there

Hackney impresses me vs UT, but i didn't see much of him afterwards

Trade down to a top 10 pick team that desperately needs Young, Leinart or Bush (like Jets, Lions, Raiders). I'm not sold Cutler going in the top 10.

Lienart?

I don't know if this has already been brought up or not, but the fact that Lienart has already had two knee surgeries put a lot of questions in my head. The game definietly sppeds up at the next level, and he may play for the next 15 years, but those surgeries got to raise questions in somebodies mind other than me. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back