Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
For me it's the Steelers, one it gets KC out of the playoffs and two revenge for that debacle in week 15.

I don't want to see the Bengals, their big play ability scares me a bit.

It really doesn't matter. If we play our best game, we will beat anyone. If we make a ton of bad play calls and commit turnovers, we will lose to any team.

I don't get why people are so afraid of Cincinnati.

Their offense is pretty dangerous. Burrow has played like an MVP this year and Chase and Higgins are probably the best 1/2 in the league and Boyd has gone over 1k twice before as well. Not really concerned about their rushing game however. Mixon is nothing special in that regard, as he's barely been averaging 4 ypc the last 3 years. Defensively, Cincy is middle of the pack. They stop run very well and do a good job of pressuring the QB, but their secondary and LBs are suspect. Definitely not the ideal matchup for us.

IMO, the Raiders are the best matchup for us. Derek Carr is an average QB, their running game is pretty pedestrian, and their WR core is led by Hunter Renfroe. Defensively, they also can't stop the run, and they are among the worst teams in the league at creating TOs.

Their offense is pretty dangerous. Burrow has played like an MVP this year and Chase and Higgins are probably the best 1/2 in the league and Boyd has gone over 1k twice before as well. Not really concerned about their rushing game however. Mixon is nothing special in that regard, as he's barely been averaging 4 ypc the last 3 years. Defensively, Cincy is middle of the pack. They stop run very well and do a good job of pressuring the QB, but their secondary and LBs are suspect. Definitely not the ideal matchup for us.

IMO, the Raiders are the best matchup for us. Derek Carr is an average QB, their running game is pretty pedestrian, and their WR core is led by Hunter Renfroe. Defensively, they also can't stop the run, and they are among the worst teams in the league at creating TOs.

Agree with everything you said.

It's just that I don't take stats into account when playoffs come around. Cincinnati is a very good team that's only going to get better in time.

I take playoff experience over stats or great regular season play. Too many times I've seen hot offensive teams get bounced quickly from the playoffs.

Cincinnati just don't strike any fear in me, due to their core lacking playoff experience and being super young. Playoffs is a whole different ball game and there's going to be plenty of room for error in this Bengals squad. They'll get a massive test by the Raiders tomorrow and may even get upset.

Now the Bills and Chiefs. That's another story as I don't want to see either team, but thankfully that wouldn't be until the AFC Championship.

I don't get why people are so afraid of Cincinnati.
Just matchup.
It’s not that Cincy is THE team or anything, but they pass really well. IF the pass rush isn’t there all day, they could be tough.

Add the history (I know it’s shouldnt apply) that Cincinnati as a franchise has been good against this franchise. Bengals have won 3 of 4 and take note to last year’s game, Burrow, the rookie on a bad Cincy team were big underdogs and manhandled a playoff titans team.

I’d like to play Pittsburgh again. They’re not a good team and had no business winning the last matchup.
The only risk is if Tennessee somehow loses to Pittsburgh, I’m never watching football again. There’s is no way I could ever listen to Steelers fans after that.

I think buffalo is the toughest team left to get through. They can play defense. Even though they have fairly anonymous RB, they can run the ball. They appear to be the closest clone to Tennessee.

Honestly with the issues on their OL I think the Bengals are the team match up with the best. I think our 4 man rush will hit Burrow early and often. KC got tore up playing single high agaist the Bengals where we play mostly two high saftey. I also think our run D can take out Mixon and make them one dimensional.

I'm most worried about the Chiefs and Bills due to our offenses tendency to stall for long periods of time. Hopefully Henry goes off and its not an issue but I'd be worried if we start going 3 and out repeatedly against them.

I think we will likely play the Patriots. Cant see Pittsburgh upsetting KC and the Bengals are just better then the Raiders.

Its going to be 10 degrees in Buffalo tomorrow and I think the Pats running game upsets the Bills

The Bengals are the worst possible outcome, they have a qb looking to break out. Every other team has flaws that can be exploited. But you have to expect the Bengals will be who we play. That's how the playoffs work. The best teams advance. And we will have to earn our wins.

Would love to pay the Pats. Not because I think it's a better match up than the Bengals (it is). I'd just like to avenge that loss. Feel the same about Pitt but I don't think they have a chance in hell to win.

Would love to pay the Pats. Not because I think it's a better match up than the Bengals (it is). I'd just like to avenge that loss. Feel the same about Pitt but I don't think they have a chance in hell to win.
Yeah I think pats is our best matchup. They have the worst passing game in the playoffs and I like our chances to shut down their running game and force mac to make some mistakes

I think the Steelers should be able to slow down mahomes but I just dont see them scoring enough to hang around. 13.5 is probably too high of a line though
Juju is back, Diontae Johnson could have a big game .. Hopefully Harris is good to go ..hoping Fitzpatrick can limit Hill...Kelce is always trouble though

Not sure it matters who we play. We tend to play great against the best teams, and not so much against weaker teams. I'm 50/50 hoping for upsets and at the same time wanting to face the best teams. I just want wins and a championship.

I think we will likely play the Patriots. Cant see Pittsburgh upsetting KC and the Bengals are just better then the Raiders.

Its going to be 10 degrees in Buffalo tomorrow and I think the Pats running game upsets the Bills

Patriots are/were a fluke. Nice run against bad teams and made the playoffs.

The dynasty is over.

Bills win 31-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back