Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Top Titan: Derrick Henry... Plenty of Signature Runs and Catches that you can watch over and over and over again. That's rare. Very likable. Playoff moments. All of it fun and entertaining.

Top NFL: Tom Brady. I didn't want to root for him, and I rooted for Eli both times, but at some point he was so unbelievable at the clutch moments that I wanted to see him do it again just to see it happen. And he did Altanta like that. I rooted for that to happen. Respect. 10 Superbowls in 20 years. That's domination of your opposition.

Top Player ever: Nolan Ryan... For doing the unthinkable on any given night. And to do the unthinkable over his entire career too. Special moments over four decades beginning in the 60's.

Top Titan: Derrick Henry... Plenty of Signature Runs and Catches that you can watch over and over and over again. That's rare. Very likable. Playoff moments. All of it fun and entertaining.

Top NFL: Tom Brady. I didn't want to root for him, and I rooted for Eli both times, but at some point he was so unbelievable at the clutch moments that I wanted to see him do it again just to see it happen. And he did Altanta like that. I rooted for that to happen. Respect. 10 Superbowls in 20 years. That's domination of your opposition.

Top Player ever: Nolan Ryan... For doing the unthinkable on any given night. And to do the unthinkable over his entire career too. Special moments over four decades beginning in the 60's.
Extra cheers for Nolan.
Could throw a no-hitter any given night or beat the s**t out of some young ball player who thinks he can take on the old man.

There’s no doubt Ventura still remembers his first Texas haircut.

gKF0d2.gif

cause it never gets old

Extra cheers for Nolan.
Could throw a no-hitter any given night or beat the s**t out of some young ball player who thinks he can take on the old man.

There’s no doubt Ventura still remembers his first Texas haircut.
my favorite part is the 2 second hesitation... where he decides he has to do it

the slow jog towards the mound

LOL

Last edited:
Sorry we’re getting off favorite titans, but pretty amazing to think baseball was already 100 years old when some of the greatest players, specialties almost, were all around together.
Ryan and heat/strikeouts
Henderson will never lose his SB records
Pete rose was a hit machine, probably also safe for history
Tony Gwynn, probably the best contact player ever. Just could not strike that dude out.

My favorite baseball player ever. Dude wasn’t that bright and referred to himself in the third person, but he was electric in everything he did.
Ricky was a genius... at baseball

I was at a sounds game a few years ago, back when still As affiliate, and Ricky was roaming the As minors teaching players running
was the first base coach that night, to reinforce what he was teaching and to do it real time... I remember getting goosebumps just being
50 feet from Ricky... some might feel that way about Jordan but Jordan could not hit a AA curveball - LOL

anyways... Ricky was a character without a doubt.

Sorry we’re getting off favorite titans, but pretty amazing to think baseball was already 100 years old when some of the greatest players, specialties almost, were all around together.
Ryan and heat/strikeouts
Tony Gwynn, probably the best contact player ever. Just could not strike that dude out.
think The Big Unit was a contemporary as well

greatest nickname... ever

Ryan and heat/strikeouts
you were right... I looked it up they all overlapped from 82-86

The Big Unit rookie in 88 so did not overlap Rose

Latest posts

Back