Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Assuming the Titans stay put and pick at #26, who do you think the pick will be?

This isn't who you want them to pick, but what do you actually think will happen?

I hope it is Burks, and he is there, but I think it will be OT and I may puke. OT would be better than G. I hope we trade down and get 2 second rounders with somebody

I think Burks is NKeal Harry. Hope I’m wrong.

I want Sam Howell
He doesn’t play like Harry at all. Harry was just a contested catch maniac which is what drake London is so I could see that comp. Burks plays more like Lavishka Shenault but he’s a little better IMO.

Another Panda-like reach, Tyler Smith.

So Smith is mentally ill and won't play a snap for the Titans? Here is why Smith makes more sense than Greene or Johnson (although Johnson could maybe play C down the road). At worst he can be our LG and be comparable to Saffold (not sure that isn't his best starting spot from day one). At best he develops and moves to LT down the road. So it comes down to what is the better RT/LG combination with him and Radunz and go from there. Green can play RT but he is pretty well an OG and nothing else. Smith is a beast physically and has athletic traits of some of the best OTs in this draft. He just need experience and work on his technique.

Now everyone likes to rip Tannehill even to the point of getting an inferior QB in this draft to replace him. Tannehill was sacked twice as often in 2021 as he was in 2020. He played very few games with Henry, Julio and AJ all on the field. We had no TE. JRob has found a quality #2 guy and a TE (this year at least). So the priority has to be OL. All this talk about how we have to have a #3 WR is moronic. Who uses a 1st round pick on a #3 WR? Especially a team that like to run the ball and have at least one TE on the field at all times.

Thus, unless there is a complete steal who drops at WR you don't even think WR. If there is a TE worthy of the pick (there isn't) you could go there. Otherwise you have to replace your LG, RT and you need to look down the road in a few years at replacing your LT and C. Smith goes a long way of getting done what needs to be done.

Thus, unless there is a complete steal who drops at WR you don't even think WR. If there is a TE worthy of the pick (there isn't) you could go there. Otherwise you have to replace your LG, RT and you need to look down the road in a few years at replacing your LT and C. Smith goes a long way of getting done what needs to be done.

I pretty much agree with you regarding the OL. If we get a guy that we can plug and play and get 5 yrs out of as a solid starter then I find it hard to complain.....to me the main reason to consider WR in the 1st is to give you a little more leverage/ flexablity in the AJ Brown negotiations. If you hit on a #1 WR this draft then you won't feel totally pressured to cave into AJ's demands. If the cupboard is bare then AJ's agent knows that he has all the leverage.....other reason to consider WR in the 1st is that you know that you are more likely to find a starting caliber OL in the 3rd rnd than you are a possible #1 WR...WRs are much more expensive these days so hitting on one in the draft is more important and that 5 yr contract that a 1st rnder is locked into really comes into play.

If that is highlight video of Tyler Smith then call me very underwhelmed...guy shows horrible hand usage on almost every play and his foot work isn't great either... he is a holding call waiting to happen...if he hasn't learned the basics by now no way am I considering him in the first rnd.
The article does mention bad hand usage causing him to wrap his arms around opponents. I'd rather go Burks if he's there at 26.

I don’t think we go guard.
If one of the top 4 OT is there, we take one of them. Likely Penning.
If not we go WR. One of the top 7, Wilson, Olave, London, Williams, Burks, Watson or Moore.
The only wildcard is QB, with Howel and Ridder being the likeliest candidates.

I don’t think we go guard.
If one of the top 4 OT is there, we take one of them. Likely Penning.
If not we go WR. One of the top 7, Wilson, Olave, London, Williams, Burks, Watson or Moore.
The only wildcard is QB, with Howel and Ridder being the likeliest candidates.
Brown's massive pending contract and the depth/quality of the position makes me believe WR is a real possibility.
I think Burks is NKeal Harry. Hope I’m wrong.

I want Sam Howell
I worry about him after the combine. He should have tested a lot better, and seemed totally unprepared. As an Arkansas fan, I can attest to him being immensely talented, maybe even a rare talent. But I'm not sold on his love for football being there.

We had the #1 seed in the AFC, therefore I don't see our first pick being QB. If Matt Corral drops to #26, then I believe you draft him there (as we don't have a position of need). Corral is the real deal in my eyes. Tanny is who Tanny is and he's not that good of a QB. Give Corral a year to learn and he'll be good to go his second year.

Titans go with Jameson Williams with our 1st round pick. Because we thankfully don't need any rookie right now to come in and make an immediate splash. He can either help out AJ Brown when he becomes healthy or he can eventually take the #1 spot when/If Aj Brown demands $45 mil per year.

Whoever the Titans draft, won't need to come in and make an immediate impact, unless Olave, Burks or Wilson is still on the board when we draft. If those guys are off the board, then I think we go with a rookie we can afford to sit a year and that will be Corral or Williams.

I just do not see a wr there, I think they get run all 6 before we pick. I hope we can trade down and get 2 second round picks. But I would rather take Corral as an offensive lineman at 26 if we pick there, I like him as well.

I just do not see a wr there, I think they get run all 6 before we pick. I hope we can trade down and get 2 second round picks. But I would rather take Corral as an offensive lineman at 26 if we pick there, I like him as well.

"But I would rather take Corral as an offensive lineman at 26" LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back