Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is highlight video of Tyler Smith then call me very underwhelmed...guy shows horrible hand usage on almost every play and his foot work isn't great either... he is a holding call waiting to happen...if he hasn't learned the basics by now no way am I considering him in the first rnd.
Completely agree. Smith is NOT a 1st round talent and would be a huge reach if a team drafts him there.

I also agree with whoever said Burks = N'Keal Harry. Spot on comparison. I'm actually pretty nervous that we select him.

Completely agree. Smith is NOT a 1st round talent and would be a huge reach if a team drafts him there.

I also agree with whoever said Burks = N'Keal Harry. Spot on comparison. I'm actually pretty nervous that we select him.

Burks is a tough read for me…his slow 40 yd time doesn’t bother me at all because he certainly plays much faster…you never see him getting caught from behind…he is a tremendous physical specimen…has great hands in battling for contested catches…his route tree is limited … besides slants you don’t see him work the middle of the field and you don’t really see him run many intermediate routes.

I won’t be upset if we take him because I think he certainly could turn into a #1 WR….but he is going to have to put work into his craft not just rely on his physical tools…I don’t know if he has that dedication

Burks is a tough read for me…his slow 40 yd time doesn’t bother me at all because he certainly plays much faster…you never see him getting caught from behind…he is a tremendous physical specimen…has great hands in battling for contested catches…his route tree is limited … besides slants you don’t see him work the middle of the field and you don’t really see him run many intermediate routes.

I won’t be upset if we take him because I think he certainly could turn into a #1 WR….but he is going to have to put work into his craft not just rely on his physical tools…I don’t know if he has that dedication
He had a great OC at Arkansas as well- he knew how to get him a favorable matchup. He'll be expected to "get open" with little in the way of designed plays or offensive chess from the play caller. Like you said, I didn't see a lot in terms of route running, so I'm not sure how he'd handle this offense. But he's a physical specimen with an absurd catch radius and I wouldn't be upset about the pick

He doesn’t play like Harry at all. Completely different games/playing style.

Unless we trade back I’m betting OL or WR. OL is currently our weakest position, with WR trailing just behind. Then 3rd on the list is CB.

I see Burks more as Laviska Shenault type player. Can't see him being that true #1 WR, but see him more of a gadget WR that can play all over the field.

If we get him at 26, I wouldn't complain. He'll be good in the right system.

Ojabo is another possibility. Michigan pass rushers seem to be translating well in recent years, he runs a 4.55, scout team player of the year showing his work ethic, and academic all-American. Maybe we could even trade back.

OL seems like the most obvious pick, but I'm not sure if I see them drafting a guard in the first when there could be talent at more valuable positions available

Speaking of trading down, rumor is Seattle wants to trade up into first round. They have 40 and 41 in second round. Don't know the trade values so they may have to do other picks as well. Wouldn't mind doing that at all.

I do that trade. We could then hit OG and WR.
That would only happen if Willis falls and there's a bidding contest to trade up for him. Though Seattle is known to get fleeced and make dumb picks in the first round. But yeah, that would be amazing.

That would only happen if Willis falls and there's a bidding contest to trade up for him. Though Seattle is known to get fleeced and make dumb picks in the first round. But yeah, that would be amazing.
Seattle has Pick 9 from Denver, if they want Willis wouldn't they take him at 9?

Seattle has Pick 9 from Denver, if they want Willis wouldn't they take him at 9?
I would think they would, but they might prefer to get their franchise LT and then a qb…Atlanta is another team with 2 2nds and a qb need …same situation as Seattle

Teams could certainly want to trade with us because the Bucs are sitting right behind us and could go qb….I’m not moving out of the 1st unless someone over pays because having those extra yrs on the rookie deal is a huge bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back