Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
As much as I'd like to be there Saturday, I'm not sure I'll be making the drive up. If I do, I'll stay there for lunch and the afternoon session.

Anyone heading up? It might be fun if a group were to gather between sessions. Anyone know the area around APSU and can recommend a good sports bar?

Jeff, I plan on going up on Friday afternoon, then again on Saturday or Sunday, but the weather looks questionable. If it rains this weekend, I may not make the trip because they won't practice if there is a lightning bolt 100 miles away ;)

Titanium said:
Jeff, I plan on going up on Friday afternoon, then again on Saturday or Sunday, but the weather looks questionable. If it rains this weekend, I may not make the trip because they won't practice if there is a lightning bolt 100 miles away ;)
If you go up on the weekend, you plan on staying between sessions?

I don't know if I want to make the drive just for one session.

Jeff,

If I go up on the weekend, I'll probably stay for both sessions. Again, probably depends on the weather more than anything.

You bet. And I ask anyone who gets out to camp to do the same. Also, we have a section in the photo gallery called "2006 Titans Training Camp" where I invite everyone to post their photos. We'll set up links to that here.

I'm now planning on being there Saturday afternoon, assuming the weather is good. My brother is going to shoot for his wire service that day and I'm going to just ride out there with him since he's going anyway.

I grew up there in Clarksville and was just there last weekend. I went to Ocharleys and they said that The titans are planning on having a couple dinner parties there. Its right up the street from the campus. I actually played one year of football at APSU before joining the AF. MAN what I wouldnt give to be there for the next few weeks. As far as sports bars goes....you always got hooters!

Hey Ammo,

Do you know of any sports bar with wireless internet? If I go Saturday, I want to post a morning report between sessions.

Okay. Welcome to Clarksvegas. This is the skinny:

Hooters and O'Charleys are on Riverside Drive (a few blocks from practice/on the river). In downtown Clarksville, you have two restaurants on Franklin Street (again, a few blocks from practice/toward the courthouse): The Pub and the Front Page Deli. The pub has the best food in town of any restaurant and brews its own beer (try the Coalminer Stout or the Barnstormer Red). The Deli has good sandwiches and cold beer. Both are good bets for lunch or dinner. When Extreme Makeover came to town, it is my understanding that they hit both of those places pretty hard. On University Avenue (again, a block or so from practice), Burrito Bungalow has cold beer and burritos made to order. Good food and quick. Next door to Burrito Bungalow is the Internet Hub Cafe. It has okay coffee and bad sandwiches. It does have, however, wireless internet. Directly across the street from practice is Johnny's Big Burger. You will smell like it for the rest of the day, but it is a good place to get a burger and fries (or a deep fried honey bun topped with ice cream--no I am not joking).

I don't know how big the crowds will be, but parking could be an issue. If it is, you might be well served parking near the courthouse and walking to practice. If you walk to the Titans games without a parking pass, then you will be able to handle the walk. Despite the meters, parking is FREE on the weekends. DO NOT FEED THE METERS after 5:00 p.m. or on the weekend. If before, make sure you do. They are good about giving tickets.

The easiest route to practice?

Get off at Exit 11 and head towards town. Take a right on Madison Street (first major intersection) and go several miles until you hit University Avenue. Take a right on University. You will run into the school if you go straight.

The other route is to take Exit 4 and end up in mall traffic hell. Head towards town and keep going straight until you see Austin Peay on your right. Again, you will travel several miles.

The only difference between the two treks is traffic. Exit 11 is closer to Nashville and should have less traffic. Exit 4 will take you by the mall, a bunch of chain restaurants (and Starbucks), and car lots.

Look forward to seeing you here.

The "weather predictors" are really t-ing me off! They're predicting a storm right over Clarksville right during practice this afternoon. They're predicting rain all day tomorrow.

Looks like Sunday might be the best day to attend camp this weekend.

I'm still going up this afternoon to take my chances.

Exxon can kiss my hiney! And I'm still ticked that the Titans didn't consult me before moving Training Camp out of Nashville ;)

Re: camp

I'm about 25 min. from APSU so I'll be going several days to watch them practice, but I am NOT going today because I know it's going to be extremely crowded....(and yes, rain looks very possible!)......

Just an idea...but Clarksville Fairgrounds would be a good place for tailgaters to meet and tailgate if it's too crowded near campus.

I think chances are much better for getting a close up look will be mid to later part of next week, but who knows!!

Here's a link for information about the area.....(hope it's okay to post it??)

http://www.clarksville.tn.us/cgi-bin/itinerary/index.cgi?SHOWCAT=calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back