Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its that left coast bias that waters down their perception of a player that they haven't even seen play yet! Cutler has (at times) this year put the team on his shoulders and carrried the team to a win. Reggie Bush will be a great prospect no doubt in that but his load was definitely lessend by the other great talents on the team. Pathetic is a strong word for someone you obviously no so little about. I agree with another poster on here who said Cutler could be the Roethlisberger of this draft!

Well, everyone needs to remember that until the combine and individual workouts all these pre-draft rankings are very much up in the air.

But I will point out that many draft "experts" definetly have Cutler as a better prospect atm. than Young and maybe Leinart. Young being a player who needs development before he can play in the NFL.

What's with this "619" crap. I mean seriously, I'm going to start calling myself 615.

"Hey, look! Here comes 615!!" "Man, that 615 is one bad Mo Fo.":lol:

Titanpride said:
As far as Cutler... there are a handful of teams that have Cutler rated ahead of Leinart as the best QB in this years draft.
Where are the draft ratings of NFL teams being pubished? Does it look ahead to already know how he does in the Senior Bowl and his workouts too?

;)

and I'll go one step farther - Matt Leinart "might" be the Aaron Rodgers of the draft. I just feel he was a product of the system and the knock is that he doesn't have the arm for the pros

one QB I rememebr that was just silly in college and couldn't make it in the NFL was Danny Wuerrfel, not that I am comparing Matt to Danny, but arm strength tends to be the biggest factor in determining a players preparedness for the pros

and whoever still believes that just because Jay played for Vandy and they lost a handful of games means it was Jay's fault is fooling themselves

Jay had nowhere near the talent Matt or even Vince had surrounding him - on EITHER side of the ball, nor did either of them have to contend with a Pro-Style SEC conference

thats something (else) in Jay's favor
the buzz is that Jay may ultimately be the 2nd rated QB in the draft - a strong Senior Bowl will help that. and add in that the Titans will coach the Senior Bowl (not sure of which team yet) but they will get LONG looks at Jay

let me go on record with this :
if Reggie an Vince are selected 1/2 (in either order) and we are left with Matt / D'Brickashaw or AJ - we WILL trade back to select Cutler
a dollar to a donut

Puck said:
He originally anticipated a four-month rehab, which would have had him ready for minicamp. Now he hopes to be ready by the start of training camp in late July.

"Even when you come back throwing, it's a long process just to get your arm to where you have the endurance, and you gradually work from throwing 5 yards to 10 yards," Brees said. "Even once I start throwing, it's still probably two more months or so before I start throwing routes, deep passes and all that stuff, but it's a process.

doesn't sound like he'll be throwing like his old self for awhile
so, who's gonna QB the Chargers while Drew is rehabbing and throwing 10 yard outs ?

This came out today

- Bolts say Rivers off market… Pretty much confirming the obvious, San Diego is saying that at least for now, they will not be entertaining offers for QB Phillip Rivers, the 4th player selected at the 2004 draft. The Chargers had been expected to resign incumbent starter Drew Brees and look to deal Rivers at the end of the season, however, a For now, as of yesterday, Philip Rivers is officially off the market, and it was revealed too that the Chargers will at least make an effort to sign Drew Brees to a long-term contract. However, Brees hurt his throwing shoulder in the Chargers’ season-ender earlier this month. The Chargers reportedly are still prepared to extend Brees, but will keep Rivers around as insurance.

Troupe4Prez said:
I agree with another poster on here who said Cutler could be the Roethlisberger of this draft!
You mean he'll drop unexpectedly? FYI, everyone in the country knew who Ben Roethlisberger the QB was well before the draft. No one outside of Nashville knows, or cares who Jay Cutler is.

http://www.jaycutler.com/

IMO if Cutler played for USC he could have easily been the #1 pick last year and would be more coveted than Leinart. Just because Vandy typically stinks, has a poor OL and a poor defense while playing in the toughest college conference in the nation is not Cutler's fault. Culter has all the physical tools to be the best QB in the draft at the NFL level and the kid is super smart.

No one cares....hmmm thats interesting if no one cared why would he be getting NATIONAL attention??? Im not touting him higher than Young or Leinart, I am simply sticking up for him being a first round choice. Go to jetsinsider.com they are talking about him as much as we are! The win against UT got him national attention also. No One cares right? Why did he get AP SEC offensive player of the year and first team SEC? Yeah sounds like no one cares to me too!

Brian said:
You mean he'll drop unexpectedly? FYI, everyone in the country knew who Ben Roethlisberger the QB was well before the draft. No one outside of Nashville knows, or cares who Jay Cutler is.

http://www.jaycutler.com/

Well his arm strength certainly looks acceptable, I'd be a little worried about him getting by the NFL's substance abuse program.

Fisher and company are coaching the North squad so they wont get a chance to work hands on with him. But they will see him air it out on a schwartz defense, which truly isnt saying too much.

Puck said:
one QB I rememebr that was just silly in college and couldn't make it in the NFL was Danny Wuerrfel, not that I am comparing Matt to Danny, but arm strength tends to be the biggest factor in determining a players preparedness for the pros

Arm strength can really be overrated, especially depending on what system is used.

Carpy said:
Well his arm strength certainly looks acceptable, I'd be a little worried about him getting by the NFL's substance abuse program.
I think you might be right. Unless he could pull a Onterio Smith and find something to mask all of that decca-durabolin and testosterone enanthate hes been pumping into his buttocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back