Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindsight's 20/20 and it's possible he still could have made the field goal, but I wondered with 1 timeout and only time on the clock for the other team's final attempt, wouldn't it have been the best move to use our last timeout to ice the kicker?

Or...do you think it wouldn't have enough psychological effect to affect the final outcome?

I'm not an armchair coach, but I just couldn't shake the nagging thought that with a final timeout left in the inventory, that would have been the call I made.

I noticed Cincinatti called a timeout just before the kick so you would have to think if we called ours it would really give the kicker more time to get in his head and potentially cool down from his warm up.

Thoughts? Does it make a difference?

Don’t think icing makes a difference. In fact there was an interview with a kicker who said they enjoy the timeout. Gives them time to calm their minds and go through their routine again.

That being said I would have still tried it. Only way I wouldn’t is if he had already missed before then. But every kick he has was right down the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back