Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was an awful pick to me, there was Marshall at wr there and bigger need and edge. Being a mauler in division 2 is different than sec major college ball or NFL. Hope I am wrong but many bigger needs and better players were available.

WR is a need and so is edge

This was an awful pick to me, there was Marshall at wr there and bigger need and edge. Being a mauler in division 2 is different than sec major college ball or NFL. Hope I am wrong but many bigger needs and better players were available.

WR is a need and so is edge
I agree, the team does need a tackle because of stupid Wilson but would have liked a WR. I'm not sure about his level of competition at the small division as he wasn't going up against NFL caliber talent in that division.

Nothin terrible about the pick. He'll be fine. But the defense can't hold up without a pass rush so somebody has to apply a solution to a major problem at some point.

Nothin terrible about the pick. He'll be fine. But the defense can't hold up without a pass rush so somebody has to apply a solution to a major problem at some point.
It’s all they are thinking about. Think we will see some moves going forward, if not, I’ll break something.

We need to keep our oline solid, this is a good pick. Henry and tanny can win us games if they have a front to work with. D and oline are the things we need the most. With those 2 guys, we don't need world beaters at wr or te and we have aj brown. We'll be just fine

PFF had him as the #7 tackle with an elite 87.5 grade.

“Radunz earned his spot here with a lights-out performance at the Senior Bowl, where he was the highest-graded tackle in the one-on-ones, throughout the week of practice and in the game itself. He’s a bit slim at just over 300 pounds, but he is an explosive athlete who gets by with a strong anchor.”
Funny to actually say the words “a bit slim at 300 pounds.”

Anyone that plays the position of need. Id much rather have seen it yesterday.

As I said, we all better hope Dupree is healthy, cause that’s the basket the eggs are in.
I still feel we sign another edge in FA like Houston or Kerrigan to a one year deal. I don’t want to reach for an edge if a starter quality guy is available. To me, reaching is sort of like the old adage, it doesn’t matter how fast you are going if you are going in the wrong direction. I don’t want another Dodd just based on position.

Yet... the draft isn’t over. The off season isn’t over. Landry and Simmons are still young and developing too. If they improve our pass rush improves.

If you felt like you could get a top 5-10 player in the draft you wouldn’t take that over “ANY pass rusher” lol

The best teams draft BPA. Especially early.
Don’t forget the Schwartz effect either. We have better brain power on staff than last year.

I'm overall not upset with taking a OT but it really sucks we had to. Lazy freaking Wilson!!! There was a run on OL so I thought this was poor value. Hearing Daniel Jeramiah and seeing some of these rankings makes me feel a little better, I guess. Honestly I've never heard of the guy.

Gotta trust JRob. Outside of the Isaiah Wilson fiasco, which was more of a character issue than talent, he's been good at scouting OL... Drafting Conklin and Davis, trading for Kelly, and even claiming Josh Klein. We'll see.

Hopefully JRob can find another defensive gem like Byard and Jayon next.

I wanted Marshall Jr. there but honestly going in with AJ and Reynold's isn't the worst. Remember when Tajae was our #1 as a rookie? There are still some FAs we could bring in... Dede Westbrook and Kenny Stills. Let's go D and TE in the 3rd and take a couple flyers on WRs day 3
I feel like Stills may be in the cards.

Walter football doesn’t have a clue...he doesn’t even have his size correct. You will often find errors like that on walterfootball.com They also aren’t very knowledgeable in their mock drafts about what teams actually need.
They really struggle to get the 40 times accurate too.

From his draft profile...

Tackle/guard prospect with good strength and overall toughness but average athletic traits. Even against FCS competition, Radunz has too many reps where he ends up in chase mode at the top of the rush, and he doesn't appear to have the necessary recovery athleticism to live that life against NFL rushers. He appears to be a better run blocker than pass protector and might be best suited as a guard for teams utilizing gap and inside-zone running schemes. He could become a quality backup or eventual starter if he finds the right fit.
Such conflicting reports. I have read his athleticism is one of his strongest traits in other profiles. It just depends on which clueless hack is writing the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back