Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Quite honestly, I don't know...

We drafted Roos to play LT, so we don't need Brick. I think #3 is too early to take a LB. I'm not sold on Mario Williams as an elite pass rusher.

Since I can't say trade down, I'll take a QB. But I don't know between Young and Cutler. I think Young's too much of a risk for my tastes.

I Voted Cutler

I voted Cutler, and here's my thinking; with Steve McNair now becoming a free agent after the 2006 season, the Titans are basically drafting their 2007 starter with their first-round pick.
Vince Young, IMO, has more upside than any player in the draft, but he also has enormous adjustments to make to the NFL. Cutler has far fewer adjustments to make, and he ran an offense this season strikingly similar to Chow's.
I think the question now is "Who will be ready to be the guy one year from now"?
The answer is Cutler.

Five years from now, we won't care that Roos was drafted to play LT. We'll only care that Brick is the best tackle in football.

I agree with SK, i dont think the Titans plan to draft a OL prospect this high, though i certainly wouldn't mind that. So i guess they will be going for a franchise QB. Young or Cutler hmm...

I would like to see the Titans draft Young, but i took Cutler. Cutler has in his collage career shown poise in pressure situations, shown he can run a pro-style offence, plus the Titan coaches had a chance to coach him at the Senior Bowl. Like pking34 said, atm. he has shown he's the most nfl-ready of the two. And even though McNair has voiced his opinion about who he'd like the titans to draft, i doubt that will influence Floyd Reese's pick.
Then again, i might just be brainwashed from hearing Mike Mayock turn every QB discussion into a Cutler love fest...

Starkiller said:
Quite honestly, I don't know...

We drafted Roos to play LT, so we don't need Brick. I think #3 is too early to take a LB. I'm not sold on Mario Williams as an elite pass rusher.

Since I can't say trade down, I'll take a QB. But I don't know between Young and Cutler. I think Young's too much of a risk for my tastes.
I went with Brick because with Brick and Roos at OT, the Titans will have arguably the best young OTs in the NFL. The battles are won and lost in the trenches, with a good OL, stickin a Charlie Whitehurst or Omar Jacobs back at QB, they will have a good OL in front of them.
Still, in the end, I think the Titans will trade down or take a QB(Young or Cutler)

I really think the choice between Young and Cutler could come down to how well the negotiations with Mac go over the next 7 weeks. If they get (or think they will get) a deal done, they pick young and put him on the McNair plan (sit for a year or two and learn). If the negotiations arent going anywhere and it looks like Mac either wont be here in 07 or we release him this year, Cutler is definately a better choice, because like Leinart, he's going to be ready sooner.

I voted for AJ. Drafting VY in the top 10 will be a mistake made by whoever drafts him. He is making a living off of his NC game. Reality has started to step back in some since then. However he goes from a mid to late 1st rounder to top 5 consideration based on the NC game? Please. He won't be able to do what he did in that game against NFL caliber defenders and the speed that is in the NFL. USC's defense wasn't that great.

AJ makes more since at 3 than VY does period.

Puck said:
and of course someone had to toss an AJ vote in there

i guess nobody learned from last year

Also...AJ is a better prospect than Arrington was coming out of college.
AJ is the next great LB to enter the NFL. DJ is going to be great with the Chiefs but he has nothing on Hawk.

wg53 said:
I voted for AJ. Drafting VY in the top 10 will be a mistake made by whoever drafts him. He is making a living off of his NC game. Reality has started to step back in some since then. However he goes from a mid to late 1st rounder to top 5 consideration based on the NC game? Please. He won't be able to do what he did in that game against NFL caliber defenders and the speed that is in the NFL. USC's defense wasn't that great.

AJ makes more since at 3 than VY does period.

Why not ? Some players move up several rounds based on 40 times at the combine. Why is it insane that Vince Young moves up 10 slots or so based on one of the all time great performances in the history of college football ? USC's defense is a lot better than most people give it credit for. They're stock full of top recruits at every position. More than half of the players you saw Young humiliate will be in the NFL. The same can be said for the backups.

vince is just like mcnair except better coming out of college than mcnair. I think mcnair starter in 06 and mcnair retires after 06. I think in 07 is either volek or young depending on how developed he is.

I thought about it a good long while. Then I decided that I would rather take Cutler over Young. That's what I would do if I was in the front office. If the Titans decide to go with Young it will be fine with me, but I would personally rather see Cutler behind the wheel down the road. One of my biggest problems with Young is that he ran too much in college. What quarterback gets 200 yards rushing in a game? If he were to run that much in the NFL his chances of getting injured are much greater than somebody who really knows when to throw and when the play has broken down too much and needs to take off out of the pocket and run. I see Cutler as more of a pass and then run if the pass isn't there type of quarterback and Young as a try to run first, and if someone's open throw it to him. In short...Cutler's my answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back