Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunny said:
^ I dont see any skill involved in it.

Well, it's a game of probabilities, you don't just play every hand dealt, so the skill is determining when you have the best odds of winning the hand.

Secondly there is some skill involved in trying to bluff your opponents... much like draftday.

RollTide said:
Cold pizza is more casual and runs about 4 hours. Mixed in with sports news and special features they have a moderator along with woody and skip sitting at a table chewing the fat. It's laid back not intense like pti.

Skip bayless will remind you of a strict blue haired aunt who always clicks her tongue. His mannerisms suggest he hasn't had a bowel movement for years.

Woody is a southerner, more personable and much easier to like but occasionally he says something really dumb.

PTI is a much better show and those two guys are smarter.

Bayless is just an idiot. He rambles and raves like Stephen A. Smith, but doesn't have the basketball knowledge. Paige can be humorous, but I don't paticularly like him. Cold Pizza is a C-level show, while PTI, Around The Horn, Sportscenter are all B-level, so I don't watch CP that much, mostly because Bayless is such a girl...

Steven a smith...

Great basketball guy but not too sharp on football. He said the true measure of a runningback is super bowl rings because running the ball is the key to winning.

Well based on that eric dickerson, earl campbell, barry sanders shouldn't be in the hall of fame and payton sucked his first 10 years in the league and the bus just got good this year.

The reality is that RBs often perform worse in big games because the quality of defenses they face are so good. I don't care who you are if you are facing the 2000 ravens or the 85 bears you are not going to have a banner day.

The best RB still needs blocking which is why i think that position is a little over rated. Barry sanders had a 13 carry -1 yard playoff game against the packers in 1994. Even barry needed some help.

Jaws and hodge...

Let's not forget how hodge's career ended. Concussion!

Both jaws and hodge gave their opinions today about which QB they think will be the best in this draft.

Jaws said clemens, hodge said croyle. I love brodie but maybe this is an indication of bad things to come. :suspect:

RollTide said:
Great basketball guy but not too sharp on football. He said the true measure of a runningback is super bowl rings because running the ball is the key to winning.

Well based on that eric dickerson, earl campbell, barry sanders shouldn't be in the hall of fame and payton sucked his first 10 years in the league and the bus just got good this year.

The reality is that RBs often perform worse in big games because the quality of defenses they face are so good. I don't care who you are if you are facing the 2000 ravens or the 85 bears you are not going to have a banner day.

The best RB still needs blocking which is why i think that position is a little over rated. Barry sanders had a 13 carry -1 yard playoff game against the packers in 1994. Even barry needed some help.

i was telling Gunny in a AIM convo the other day, Stephan A. Smith only really knows about Basketball (and he does have good knowledge on that). Everything else, he's lacking in.

Gunny said:
^ I dont see any skill involved in it.
I see alot of parrells between football and poker.
There is nothing athletic about poker but you can't say that football doesn't require a certain degree of luck at times. You want to talk probabilities? How about down and distance? I'm not a huge poker fan but hold 'em is a fun game. If you put stakes on a game and make it a competition I believe that constitutes sport. This is all off the top of my head as I'm not citing sources but I think most would be inclined to agree with this reasoning.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
I see alot of parrells between football and poker.
There is nothing athletic about poker but you can't say that football doesn't require a certain degree of luck at times. You want to talk probabilities? How about down and distance? I'm not a huge poker fan but hold 'em is a fun game. If you put stakes on a game and make it a competition I believe that constitutes sport. This is all off the top of my head as I'm not citing sources but I think most would be inclined to agree with this reasoning.

Almost every activity we do requires luck. Therefore, you can draw parrells between gambling and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back