Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
no matter how much you like him, we still used a first round pick on a nickelback. How can you say that wasn't a waste of a pick, even if you like him?!?!?

Correction: we used a first round pick on someone who is fighting for a nickelback spot, may not even get that.

potential...

Reese fell in love with potential guys and they haven't worked out like we hoped, but they haven't been terrible either.

Calico and Woolfolk are gamble on greatness picks because they have great talent, but haven't demonstrated it much in their past. And we're still waiting.

Looking at it with the cup is half empty attitude is we wasted a first rd pick on a nickelback.

Looking at it with the cup is half full attitude, we drafted a 7th rd CB who is outplaying a first rd CB giving us a ton of talent at our top 3 CB's.

If you remember back, the Nickelback is as valueable to the Titans as our starting MLB since they play about 50% of the time. So if he plays well, would you say you wasted a first rd pick on a good MLB? Probably not.

Either way...I'm happy to have too MUCH talent rather than too little!!!

And if you wanna talk about wasting draft picks, there are plenty of places to point before you end up at Woolfolk!

Gut

Hey WU tell Andre it's over, it's done fight for the Dime

I'm not trying to clown but the reality of the situation is that Andre has pretty much solidified his position as nothing more than a Dime back.

Yea tell him to pray for injuries to Hill or Pacman cause thats the only way he's getting to the outside.

I mean he's been here for 4yrs and every year it's injuries he's soft, I would tell him that to his face cause it's true.

He's loses the Job to a rookie whom he has 3yrs on, now I read that a Safety is going to take his spot!!!!

Wow:hmm:

WU if you want to cop an attitude I'd be more than happy to accomodate you on my field of battle. Goes for Anyone else to:grrr:

BlazingArrow#9 said:
Is this a sore subject for someone? :))

Is the Sky Blue. Is there a Nashville. Is there a Super Bowl Game Played Every Year. Is Chris Rock funny. Is Jet Li a Martial Arts Master. Is John Gruden the twin of Chucky. Is there a car called a Citroen' in Europe. Is Peyton Manning a playoff Loser.....YES!!!!!!!

Brian said:
A backup nickelback.

:flush:

Aren't you just so pissed off..... you and Nick HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol2:
SnoopyDancing2.gif
laughing_baby.jpg

LIGHTEN UP..... LIVE ..... WATCH THE GAME AND ENJOY........

nickmsmith said:
no matter how much you like him, we still used a first round pick on a nickelback. How can you say that wasn't a waste of a pick, even if you like him?!?!?

Correction: we used a first round pick on someone who is fighting for a nickelback spot, may not even get that.

Hey I love the pick ...... too bad for you..... booo hoooo.......

baby%20crying.jpg

WoolfolksUncle said:

Is the Sky Blue. Is there a Nashville. Is there a Super Bowl Game Played Every Year. Is Chris Rock funny. Is Jet Li a Martial Arts Master. Is John Gruden the twin of Chucky. Is there a car called a Centroen' in Europe. Is Peyton Manning a playoff Loser.....YES!!!!!!!

comic-book-guy.jpg

"Bart: I want to buy a copy of Bonestorm, here's 99 cents.
CBG: Huh. Allow me to summarise the proposed transaction. You
wish to purchase Bonestorm for 99 cents, net profit to
me, negative 59 dollars.
(CBG opens the till)
CBG: Oh, oh, please take my 59 dollars, I don't want it, it's
yours.
(Bart reaches for the money)
CBG: Er, er, er. Seeing as we are unfamiliar with sarcasm, I
shall close the register at this point, and state that
99 cents is the rental price."

Woolfolk in the hot seat...

Would be real humiliating to not even be the starting nickel. Where do you go from there? Woolfolk regressing since 2003?

I remember a certain poster saying that another certain poster was ignorant to suggest that woolfolk would be competing for the nickel. This poster insisted that woolfolk would be worked on the outside exclusively. Wrong!:howdy:

Even if andre loses that job to fuller he will still be important to the team as hill's backup on the outside. Fuller can only play inside.

The key to a good defense is not just in getting a good pass rush, but also in being able to stop the run. We had more sacks last yr than we did in the previous 2 yrs and yet they came against 50 fewer pass attempts. So we were getting to the QB, problem was we couldn't stop the run and we had 2 rookie CBs. We only totaled 9INTS which was 5th worse in the league. Hopefully with the improvement of our CB play and more speed at LB and safety we should get a few more INTs this yr.

If we don't pick up a vet CB then Woolfolk will be our only experienced depth on the outside.

Bulluckmvp...

Where did you get that fuller plays all DB positions? I was at several of their early camp practices and he was only playing inside. I never saw him outside in the pre-season either. Since his season ended with a week one injury how would we know he plays all 4(actually 5 or 6) DB positions? When you go to baptist park you can stand pretty close to the action and they ran 7 on 7 and 5 on 5 type drills and the guys playing outside were woolfolk, hill, gardner, waddell and beckham as well as other guys who wouldn't make the team. I don't recall #22 on the outside.

Edit: I did a search and found an article that talked about fuller learning various assignments and positions in last years camp. He works in the regular defense as a FS. Of course they are now trying to eliminate the concept of free or strong at that position. He is learning the nickel and my guess is that he is learning 2 seperate assignments in the dime.
Remember how we played the dime in the past with sculters up near the line of scrimmage and cody or mcgarrahan playing the pure FS spot? Shulters would guard a RB, TE or slot WR and even occasionally blitz. He was versatile enough to do that. While cody and mcgarrahan would normally play zone. My guess is that they are trying fuller at alll those spots now.

Woolfolk in schulters role in the dime?

In our dime package we have typically used 3 safeties and 3 corners. Our three primary cover guys would be the two corners and the nickel, then we would have have 2 safeties back and another safety playing close to the line more like a nickel back-linebacker. Schulters played that versatile role near the line very well and last year nobody seemed to have that role. Schulters played that role well because he could cover TEs, RBs or WRs. As the 6th man in the box he also had some run responsibilities.

My thinking is that woolfolk might be close to ideal in that role. He has the size to cover bigger RBs and TEs and should be able to handle the opponents 4th best WR. Because andre can tackle well he can handle the run responsibility. Because andre is used to playing inside it won't be like learning a whole new position and his ability to play near the line of scrimage allows us the luxury of keeping hope back where he can free lance more in a zone or in double teams and maybe get a couple more ints.

I don't know if they are even considering andre in this role and more likely it will be hope playing there with someone like lowry playing back. It's worth thinking about though.

Note that these type of dime packages were a very smart use of our talent and schwartz deserves some credit. We were able to make good use of limited players like cody and mcgarrahan.

RollTide said:
In our dime package we have typically used 3 safeties and 3 corners. Our three primary cover guys would be the two corners and the nickel, then we would have have 2 safeties back and another safety playing close to the line more like a nickel back-linebacker.
I think you may be on to something. If the team thinks Fuller is their #3 cover guy (as Beddingfield 'suggested'), then that leaves a spot in the dime for Andre. I could live with that.

Fuller can play outside if necessary.

"Fuller moved to cornerback in 2002, starting four games. He totaled 23 tackles (16 solos) with an assisted sack, a forced fumble, six pass breakups and four interceptions. Fuller added three starts at cornerback in 2003, producing a career-high 56 tackles (29 solos) with three fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles, an interception and seven deflected passes."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back