Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
RollTide said:
The question has to do with what kind of team we will have the next 2 years and what kind of team you want to have. We will have the talent to win in 2006 i believe that. We certainly will have that talent in 2007. Do we want to compromise the chance at success by breaking in some kid QB?

Soxcat foolishly tries to use the example of rothlisberger who is a rare example of a guy who was very good right away. Why not use the more realistic example of carson palmer who was not first rate until his third season. Is the 2004 version of palmer(passing rating 77) good enough to get you to the super bowl?

Is the current and declining version of McNair good enough to get us to a SB? Assuming Leinart is the guy for us I have no problem going out on a limb and saying it is possible if not probable he could be effective even as a rookie. More than likely we are not going to be SB bound no matter who the QB is in 2006. However, looking forward I could see Leinart doing as well over the next two years as McNair. Leinart is a rare example of a QB who is as NFL polished as any QB coming out since Manning and on top of that he will be running the same offense he ran in college.

Soxcat...

Was mcnair old and in decline in 98, 99, 2000? His average passing rating those three seasons was 80.3. The old, senile and supposedly in decline mcnair had an 82 passing rating in 2005 with no running game and no WRs. He was 25-27 years old then so what was the problem?

Why did some on this board insist that mcnair should have been mvp in 2002 with an 84 rating but now he sucks in 2005 with an 82 rating? In 2002 he had mason, mccareins and dyson. Who the hell did he have in 2005? I wonder how jake the hippie boy plummer would have done with this lame 2005 offense that mcnair had. Go see his arizona stats for an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back