Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: The Titans have claimed ex-Bears WR Bobby Wade from the waiver wire. The 5-foot-10, 186-pounder has 10 catches for 80 yards this season. He started 14 games last season, when he caught 42 passes for 481 yards. "We were kind of looking for a practice squad receiver and then he popped on the wire," Titans General Manager Floyd Reese said. "Of course he is going to have more experience and knowledge than a practice squad guy. I think he got in the dog house (in Chicago) because he fumbled some punts and they brought in (Muhsin) Muhammad, so his role had kind of lessened. So we'll see if maybe a new situation or fresh start makes a difference."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I'm just glad to see us using our high waiver wire status. I thought for sure that we would be able to upgrade the depth of our team via the waiver wire some this year.

i've watched alot of bears games this year. this is not the guy you want handling your punts...also he drops alot of passes. hopefully he can shake things off and be better here.

Since no one else will say it, I will.....Wade sux!!!... I think we really dropped the ball on this one... Oh wait that would be Bobby wade's job! This guy couldn't catch the Bird flu in an Indonesian KFC!

This is a joke right : ))

A big joke : )

this has to be a joke : !

Tell me this a f****** joke :-@%

:FURIOUS: WTF!!!!

Yeah, but then Berlin's contract is guaranteed for the rest of the year. Wade's wasn't. Plus, you'll note that Berlin has 0 (zero, zilch, none) reception this year. He's there for special teams and that's it.

Seems like Wade has some skill as a slot receiver. No way Fisher would let him on the field as a punt returner, but they get to give him a look at WR for fairly little money. We need something at WR and aren't out anything if they cut him. It's a no-lose proposition...

Starkiller said:
Plus, you'll note that Berlin has 0 (zero, zilch, none) reception this year. He's there for special teams and that's it.
Kind of hard for Berlin to post any stats even on special teams when they put him on IR with a groin tear before the season started ;)

I think they actually terminated his contract (from IR/injury settlement), but then re-signed him again later in the year? He hasn't been back long, if he's back in uniform.

I would be surprised if Wade is here beyond the end of the season, since they'd have to give him an RFA tender. Unless he re-signs for a fourth-year minimum salary instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back