Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, but Troy did something "naughty".....and was kicked off.

Wasn't in the news. Not the papers....

but Jeff Fisher says it was bad....I'm sure it was much worse than:
Driving under the influence
Domestic Abuse
Assault
etc....

Stupid move.

nendzone said:
Kind of hard for Berlin to post any stats even on special teams when they put him on IR with a groin tear before the season started ;)

I think they actually terminated his contract (from IR/injury settlement), but then re-signed him again later in the year? He hasn't been back long, if he's back in uniform.

I would be surprised if Wade is here beyond the end of the season, since they'd have to give him an RFA tender. Unless he re-signs for a fourth-year minimum salary instead.
You're right, I forgot about Berlin's injury. But either way, Wade was at the bottom of the WR depth chart in Chicago. I can't speak for Wade's role on coverage teams, but that's somewhere where Berlin is at least useful. And as much as we recall (vividly) his fumbles against the Colts, he never came close to 9 fumbles/muffs in a season.

Wade is signed through next year. We have him for $460k. Basically, he'll have to win the job in training camp if they think he's worth giving a shot.

Mr. E said:
Oh, but Troy did something "naughty".....and was kicked off.

Wasn't in the news. Not the papers....

but Jeff Fisher says it was bad....I'm sure it was much worse than:
Driving under the influence
Domestic Abuse
Assault
etc....

Stupid move.

wasnt that Andrae Thurman?

Yes, it was. The Edwards decision was purely cap-motivated. Had he been on the roster the first week (which he probably would've been if Thurman hadn't come along, as an option to field punts), the Titans would've been liable for his entire salary for the year since he's vested.

I think they would've re-signed him later -- certainly by now with the injuries -- if he'd still been on the market but he's with the Lions. Not sure he's seeing the field consistently there, and they've left him a healthy inactive at times I'm pretty sure.

...and Charles Rogers, who isn't seeing the field much either. Scottie Vines and Eddie Drummond (doubles as KR) are more likely to stay active on Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back