Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
V.Young needs the extra time in preseason. Anyone who thinks Vince is gonna light it up may be a lil dissapointed. I may be wrong and I hope Iam but from watching him in camp he has a long way to go. Im not saying he isnt gonna be a great player in the NFL, one day, but alot of people believe he is just gonna come in and tear it up his rookie year.

Ewker said:
yes it is in order of importance. The first 6 and possibily the ninth thing listed should happen before Young even gets in the game. They are more important (including Jones) than Young getting into the game.
well Vince Young's picture is on the ticket. :bump: :shocked: :guzzle: :logo:

damn Jeff... workin double duty on the smilies there bud! ...

many new ones there... I like 'em!

imho, vince young will struggle, for the main reason is taking snaps under center takes a long time to get used to. montana has said it before about a.smith, he struggles until he learns to play under center. i think young will be great, he is a winner, and a flat out playmaker, but he will need possibly 2-3 years to develop, but he can just makes plays so i am not sure. i am not bashing him, i support him, we well just have to see.

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems not such a far cry that Young could make an error out of every 3 plays. I hope it's better than that, but you know, it's conceivable he could do something to kill every drive just about.

I think it's better to go in prepared for that type of performance and then be pleasantly surprised if at all he surpasses expectations.

TitanJeff said:
I've not found a source for preseason stats which is probably a good thing. ;)

McNair's first real action took place in game #15 his rookie year. He was 16-for-27 for 203 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. Only 10 yards on three runs. It was a 17-24 loss to the Lions.

I remember watching that...
I thought the Oilers were ready to repeat what the Cowpokes had just done with the triplettes. With McNair, Eddie both young, I figured we would pick up a solid reciever, and snatch one or two rings before it was all over...ah well.

Well, here we are with the next version (Young and White), and still waiting for that stud reciever...and the rings.:greedy: :logo:

Young will make mistakes but appears to have the instincts to learn from them very quickly. Some guys have great football instincts and some don't it appears he does and with his drive and attitude he may be ready sooner than later but probably not this year. My concern is him playing in the preseason against backups and UDFA and his athletic ability being able to make plays out of mistakes. If so he and many of us may think hes ready but he won't be able to do that now against teams #1 defense.

fltitan said:
...My concern is him playing in the preseason against backups and UDFA and his athletic ability being able to make plays out of mistakes. If so he and many of us may think hes ready but he won't be able to do that now against teams #1 defense.

That's a good point. We shouldn't put too much emphasis either way (good or bad) on his performance in this games.

Analysts like Mortenson say Young is the least ready of the top rookie QB's to play now. (I don't know how he can say that since Leinart has been out of camp, but he says it anyway.)

VY will be a great NFL QB, but probably not until next season.

I think he'll get some first team reps before preseason is over. Even still, teams play base defenses in preseason, so that could also give a false impression as well.

GLinks said:
I think he'll get some first team reps before preseason is over. .

Game 3 Billy will likely only play a few snaps
I bet Vince comes in late 1st qtr or early 2nd with the 1st team and plays throughout the 3rd

:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back