Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Vince Young took the field for the first time yesterday with the Titans veterans and made a good impression with his skill and attitude. "I'd say he did pretty well his first day; he threw some great passes," CB Reynaldo Hill said. "I can see that he's got it. He has what it takes to be an NFL quarterback. And he knows how to carry himself, too, you could tell that." Though he only received roughly a dozen reps in team drills, he passed the eye test for many of the players. "He is a good-looking athlete. And I think he is one of those guys who is probably going to develop really fast," LB Peter Sirmon said. "There will probably be huge improvements from one minicamp to the next. But he has all the tools to work with, you can tell that."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Wonder if Volek is feeling any pressure with Young breathing down his neck. If Volek doesnt get it done i say in the first 6 games he'll be out of there. But this move may be due to Bud Adams trying to keep fans in the stands.

PhiSlammaJamma said:
We are going to the sideways snap this year. Or just calling "Shotgun". Like on the playground. League approval pending.

Love it

Go Long on one!

Get open on one!

thats the playbook.

They could do a happy medium and have Young stand 1 foot behind the center and then there's no direct snap and it's still not a shotgun formation... :ha:

Leinart is further ahead in camp than the cardinals thought he would be, but we all knew he would be easier to preparre and Cutler is throwing the ball well. Nothing we didn't know already.

it does mention he had troubles with the center to quarterback exchange but that he did complete some nice passes during the practice

I hope he learns how to read defenses. Last thing I want to see is the Titans reducing him to one read then run like Texas did. Defenses would eat him alive.

Young might be good enough to be effective with only a couple of reads. Mac was never a great see the whole field type QB (looking off safties and such) which is why he was far less effective when he lost his one read guy in Mason. Young only needs to have one hot WR a TE and an option to run. The other WRs and TEs can be decoys. His running ability which I believe will be better than Mac ever was will put great pressure on the defense especially if we have effective play action because of a strong running game.

Oh we'll have a strong running game, if only the O-line is equally as strong this year. We wouldn't want to risk a Carson Palmer type injury on Young. O-line step up!

VY.jpg

this is a real great signiture btw...
I agree... the running game, young aside is key for the titans offense to be effective... this includes eating clock and moving the chains. we could kill them with long passes if we could only manage to not only have the play selection but great yardage per touch with the running backs. If we can keep it on the ground and move it... a lead can give the team the ability to open it up a little. I feel like the titans could be the shockers of the afc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back