Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vince in college made his Oline look better than they were, I think you will see the same in the pros, maybe not to the extent you did in college but he does a great job of buying time by moving around in the pocket. He also uses his running ability to keep the defense honest, this means that the dline will need to maintain their lanes when rushing the passer. All this adds up to making the olines job much easier.

I agree with all that RollTide said about Young needing a centre with stability. Its madness to say he needs a rookie centre.

Not to rain on the parade, but Boclair said Young didn't make a good impression at all in the afternoon session:

"...he looked every bit like a rookie. Some of his throws fluttered. Others were off-target. Some were dropped by the receivers when they were on target. And some never materialized due to mishandled snaps from center. ... His only two completions were to free agent running back Lamont Reid, and one of those was behind the line of scrimmage."
http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060506/SPORTS/605060317&SearchID=73243848989540

In a way, I'm kind of glad to hear that, not wanting expectations to be too high after only one day on the field.

Just a little lesson...dont believe everything ESPN spoon feeds the masses.

They also was USC was the best college team ever.

Now most of their experts are saying VY will take forever to develop, if ever.

Typical of the media mentality "its not who you are but who they think you are" that matters.

So he looked like a rookie in the afternoon session. He is a rookie and he was probably given a lot more of the play book for the afternoon. He going to have great days and bad days in the next few months we should not get to excited about the good nor worried about the bad ones. We couldnt have a better coaching staff to work with a rookie qb. Hes going to be a great player in this league but will be inconsistent for a while it just goes with the territory.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
you make good observations for the most part, so I've got no venom for you... but...:banned:

McNair is made of glass. He hardly ever practices because he's done.
McNair does not have 5 productive years left as Bus Cooke claims...

when he was... key words...:irked:

look... you are already writing Young off. I'm going to defend Young to the death in this forum.:evil:

Your post is BS. You are missing something. It's called the BIG PICTURE!:grrr:

Hey Bipolar ( I know this is a late reply but I have been away a bit)

I think you missed the point of my post. It was not pro-Mac or anti-Vince. It was a response to Ghosts post:

thats what we need out there, someone that wants to work and get better, that was one of the biggest downfalls with mcnair, he would hardly ever practice and just play in the games, and they got used to a different qb during the week

He seemed to be saying that Mac didn't want to practice and was lazy so it is good to get vince in here because he doesn't have these problems and he will actually practice.
I was just saying the post didn't make sense because Mac didn't play because he was hurt and vince has not yet had the chance to get hurt and be in McNairs spot so the comparison is a poor and unfair one.
For the record, I am exicted about Vince and the future and am very ready for Mac to move on. He gave us some very good years but it is business and time to move on. Hope that clears up any miscommunication.

adamwinn51 said:
Hey Bipolar ( I know this is a late reply but I have been away a bit)Hope that clears up any miscommunication.
That does clear it up for me. Sorry for the snap attack... but the fact does remain that in recent seasons McNair has not practiced anyhere near enough... We all went to bed Saturady night WAY too many times not knowing who was going to start. Sure, he did some heroic stuff from time to time, but our 9-23 record is still 9-23... that sucks and a change must be made. It's time for fresh blood. I realize that the comparison is unfair and I'll admit at the short time I was able, (able... not willing, mind you)... able to browse the thread I guess I misconstrued what you were really trying to relate... but I still feel just as strongly as I did before that the move from McNair to Young is a neccesary move. It is regretable that McNair won't fix his contract so that he can remain and retire a Titan... The FO hand has been forced, IMO, in this instance, and the TEAM thing to do is to deal McNair away and hope for a future with Vince. BTW- didn't mean to get hot but if I smell anything even remotely hateful toward Vince Young I will go off. This is a personality flaw that resides within me, so please, don't be offended.

No problem. Glad to clear that up. I am totally for vince and I also think it is a necessary change. Mac is broken down and that has denfinetly been a problem. Don't worry I have read enough of your posts not to take them personally. Keep postin. I enjoy it.

LazyManJackson said:

Which is exactly why we should have Mawae, he gives them experience, with a vet like him, the O-Line can only get better:)

We should be thinking about a new young centre, but not just yet, Mawae has got a couple more years left in him:winker:

here here well said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back