Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigtitan53279 said:
it's not like mcnair has been coaching the kid, he's been a father figure to him. he's been guiding him, not coaching him.

I'm sure Steve has given him some pointers

what better way to be a father figure than to help him learn football

Starkiller said:
Well of course, then they may not have a choice. But no rookie would be expected to start in any other situation.

i hear yah, but i'll play devil's advocate for a moment

aren't alot of rookie QB's thrust into the roles due to circumstances like this ? Several rookies were elevated into the starting role last year because of it.

you've almost got to prepare him to start at some point his rookie year, at least once, considering the heightened injury risks posed by a 10 year vet and a shuffling OL

this is only worth consideration if we lose Billy or Steve or both

Eh, release schmelease. Yes, the new game speed will open his eyes, as it does every rookie, but his release varies from what I've seen, because he's adjusting to where his throwing lane is/should/will be at the time of release.

As much as I don't want us to take Vince Young, wasn't Alex Smith seen as coming from a "pro" offence with not as many risks - look where he is now?

Or am I thinking of someone else?

#1TitansFan said:
I have heard ESPN try to pick apart Young with his throwing motion, but after watching the Steelers this weekend I noticed that Ben has almost exactly the same motion. If he can do good in the NFL, why not Young?
I happen to like Young's throwing motion... that being said, I still wouldn't to draft him with the 3rd pick.

thnom said:
As much as I don't want us to take Vince Young, wasn't Alex Smith seen as coming from a "pro" offence with not as many risks - look where he is now?

Or am I thinking of someone else?
The opposite... Smith came from a Shotgun offence that was extremey QB friendly.

I can't believe you people are sooooo worried about his throwing motion.

If it was such a big deal I'm sure that he wouldn't have:
Had the highest QB rating of the big three. (including ML and JC)
Had the highest completion percentage.

You people are acting like every team he played no one tried to knock the ball down. They couldn't stop the guy. Comeon. If it was a problem, he would have been written off a long time ago.

i am so sick of people critizing vinces throwing motion? WHY? ITS GOTTEN THE JOB DONE OBVIOUSLY! oh, and lets not forget, brett favre doesn't have a perfect throwing motion , nor does he have great machanics YET LOOK AT WHAT ALL HE HAS DONE IN HIS CAREER, AND NEED I SAY MORE! vince young was born to break the rules AND BY THE WAY, YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!

draft vince young, plain and simple folks...

if not him, a name not too many people mention is mario williams 6'7 286, he looks like another kearse or peppers, hes an absolute freak @ DE...

young_vince_400_40.jpg

How can we not want this guy?
Bipolar says, "draft him!!!"

TitanJeff said:
I think Rivers had some throwing motion concerns as well.
Yeah...He's proven to us all he isn't any kind of bust.
Well, maybe a wallet buster.

I think the word is he isn't going to make it to the trading table because they have issues with Brees on the training table. What's up with that? Rivers gonna start and earn his keep or what? You know if they do start him he'll end up in the playoffs and then everybody in San Diego will say that he was the difference. Then they will go and do something stupid like fire their coach because he didn't start Rivers over Brees in the first place. Then they will hire some dummy that will trade LT away. That's just the way it goes with the Chargers. I think it had something to do with this guy.
abc_sports-dan_fouts.jpg

M.N.F. ON ABC R.I.P.
Ryan Leaf :ha:
da bolts...

i think the motion is just an excuse for espn experts,they want people to think they are good at their job so they have to find something wrong. every qb since the beginning of the draft has been picked apart prior to the draft and it will only get worse as it emerges. rich gannon and bernie kosar are just some examples who threw sidearmed and had very good careers in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back