Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was an excellent interview. Good job Jeff.

I am firmly on the Leinart bandwagon (have been since day 1), but I honestly don't think he'll be available at #3.

dg1979us said:
Those are honest questions that should be dealt with in my opinion.
They have been if you believe the interview I posted on Young. It appears strange to me why professional writers don't do a little research instead of publishing damaging comments which are not true and then become accepted as gospel.

Taking issue with Cutlers size when he is the exact same size as Leinart is not an honest concern IMO, in fact I think its riduculous.
Leinart is 1 1/2 inches taller than Cutler which may mean something to some.

TitanJeff said:
They have been if you believe the interview I posted on Young. It appears strange to me why professional writers don't do a little research instead of publishing damaging comments which are not true and then become accepted as gospel.

Leinart is 1 1/2 inches taller than Cutler which may mean something to some.

I havent read the interview on Young yet, so I cant comment on that for now, but those questions cant be answered until the guys have played in the league for a few years. THey can be addressed and projected, but not really answered.

The size thing I dont buy really, and if anyone favors Leinart because of that I think they are overanalytical . In my opinion Leinart and Cutler are neck and neck. If Leinart proves he can make all the throws, then I think he is the top QB prospect, if he doesnt prove that then I think it has to be Cutler, just my opinion, but I dont think any inch and half should be part of the equation at all, especially since Cutler is 6 4.

TitanJeff said:
It appears strange to me why professional writers don't do a little research instead of publishing damaging comments which are not true and then become accepted as gospel.

Because if that was the case then Sports journalists wouldn't be a dime a dozen as they are now. The current state of affairs is that anyone with an opinion can become a sportswriter, actually the more outspoken, rude and controversial you can be the better.

dg1979us said:
I havent read the interview on Young yet, so I cant comment on that for now, but those questions cant be answered until the guys have played in the league for a few years. THey can be addressed and projected, but not really answered.
Do read it because it pretty much debunks a few of the common rumors going on Young.

but I dont think any inch and half should be part of the equation at all, especially since Cutler is 6 4.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/rating...r=2006&GenPos=QB&sortorder=LastName&order=ASC

TitanJeff said:
Do read it because it pretty much debunks a few of the common rumors going on Young.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/rating...r=2006&GenPos=QB&sortorder=LastName&order=ASC

The Young article was a little reassuring I must say, but I still think he is the biggest risk of the 3, but could also end up being head and shoulders above the other 2 because he is certainly the best athlete.

Ok, so Cutler is 6' 3, thats still not an issue I dont believe. If he were 5 11, 6' or 6'1 then its a possible concern, 6 3 isnt IMO.

I agree. IMO, Young is the biggest risk. And has the most upside. But that is another thread.

I don't believe Cutler's height is an issue either. But some may. Farve is 6-2. So is Volek.

I told you guys about 3 weeks ago and I will tell you again. The Titans will trade with the Saints to make sure they get Leinart. They don't want Young because Chow will leave. They will take Cutler, but first they will try to get Leinart. Trust me guys...

I really hope you are right. I think it would be stupid. I think we will be ok with whatever happens; Leinart, Cutler, or Young. However, I just really believe that the Titans think that Leinart will run the show exactly how they want it and will be willing give something up to trade up.

Chow doesn't leave if we don't draft Leinart, he's not a 5 year old kid who gets upset if his parents wont buy him a new toy.

If anything I think Chow wants the quarterback with the most potential for further development, since I seem to remember reading that teaching young players was what he enjoyed the most about his job.

Good read TJ, seemed to me like Todd Harmonson gave us his honest opinion about Leinart in the interview.
As for which QB i want to Titans to take, my mind keep wavering between the 3. I do think Leinart is the most proven of the top prospects, but there are 3 things i dont like about him (and all 3 were addressed in the interview aswell):

1)
Riverman said:
The comments regarding his injury history worried me a bit. The high school shoulder surgery didn't bother me, but the elbow tendinitis did. Tendinitis is inflammation surrounding the tendon, usually from excessive use in a short amount of time or a physical anomaly. Likely to cause problems in the future. It does bother me that he has had 2 significant injuries in 6 years with his throwing unit.

/signed
Harmonson says that he's healed quite well from them, but this to me is still a major concern.

2)
Accuracy and consistancy on the deep ball and the strenght to throw it.

Harmonson lists these concerns aswell and acknowledges that Leinart doesn't have a cannon like Carson Palmer. But basically says that Leinart has the strenght to make all the throws.
Still this is somthing Leinart has to prove to doubters like me at his pro day, i guess.

3)
Each time i hear someone compare Leinart to Tom Brady it makes me sick. And the fact that he himself stated he was a Tom Brady-like player at the interviews at the combine, makes me dislike him even more.
This kid isn't anything like Tom Brady untill he has proven himself, in pressure situations at the pro level. As far as i recall Tom Brady wasn't much either untill Bledsoe got hurt and Belichick decided to keep riding his young QB all the way to the superbowl.
To me this seems like some sort of cheap marketing scheme to elevate his draft stock. But then again, I guess thats what all this is about. I just dont like Leinart's style of doing it i guess. :p

Arm strength is nice but arm strength alone doesnt necessarily make a great passer or great QB. Reading defenses, getting the ball to the receiver on time, moving around in the pocket are all just as important as arm strength. No one knows which of the 3 QBs we should take but I trust Reese, Fisher and Chow to make the right decision after seeing all the workouts. These interviews are interesting and informative even if dont dont agree with everything said. Thanks Jeff keep them coming

We are really blessed to have Chow as our OC at a time like this where we are seriously considering taking our QB of the future. Chow knows all about Leinart's strengths and weakneses. Chow also had the opportunity to coach Cutler at the Senior Bowl and can draw comparisons of the two with a guy like Palmer. The interview that we will never get but would be the most revealing would be with Chow. For all we know Chow thinks Cutler is the one who compares favorably with a guy like Palmer. Can't wait to see who we draft.

Brian said:
Reese is sill waiting for Andre Woolfolk to justify his roster spot. You think he'll draft another DE after taking LaBoy and Odom only two years ago?

:deadhorse

He has justified his roster spot. He is easily the third best corner (and tackles better than the other two). After this upcoming camp, he could possibly be the second best corner. He will challenge Hill.....but validating roster spot...... Waddell, Gardner, Beckham and even Nickey (must validate at corner).

Vigsted...

I think you said it well. He will be happy to develop any young QB who has the ability to be good. The first priority is winning right?

I can't understand this notion about drafting a QB because he can play sooner. Play how; like joey harrington or tim couch? If it takes young two years to step in as starter then so be it. It's whoever will be best once he does play.

I still think cutler sucks but i do agree with that post.

In the case of New Orleans a week ago (before they signed Brees), I can see drafting a QB because he is more NFL ready. They had absolutely had it with Brooks, and they wanted their future QB to come right in a start so Leinart would have been perfect for them.

Gunny said:

See all those that can understand this....friendly fans with different yet common goals..... success of their favorite player, yet success of the team first and foremost... All out competition with a common good will goal.... Gunny's Reynaldology.... WU's Woolfolkism.... NFL receivers beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back