Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL being what it is across the league, the Bills put up 30pts and held a fairly explosive team to 10.
Titans 14 - Bills 38
Titans usually play the Bills fairly well, but this year Allen drops the Titans.
The Bill's are definitely not afraid to keep their foot on the gas. Titans try to keep up until Tannehill starts turning the ball over whilst under pressure.

Wow KC put up some points today.

*EDIT* --Prediction-- After next weeks game, someone amongst the crowd will attempt to start a 2023 Draft thread.

Not really. We let one of the worst teams in the league come back and take the lead, doesn't matter if we managed to win or not.

No doubt should have won, but if Saquon stays healthy, they aren't one of the worst teams in the league. Jones is a medicore QB, but they have enough talent to win 8-9 games if Saquon is healthy.

I mean, I enjoy a good football game as much as anyone. I just don't get the calling for half the teams heads after every loss.

If that kick would have been good, the whole vibe of this forum would be totally different and we wouldn't see half of the negative stuff we are seeing right now. That's how it goes here. (and in general for football fans, I guess)
Most would still be complaining as the call playing wouldn’t have won the game.

No doubt should have won, but if Saquon stays healthy, they aren't one of the worst teams in the league. Jones is a medicore QB, but they have enough talent to win 8-9 games if Saquon is healthy.
Nah. They stink man. They have one weapon on offense and we let him cook us

There was another legitimate positive: Tannehill wasn't abused like a small white girl on a casting couch behind our O-line. Granted the Giants were missing their best rushers, but it has been a lot worse.

The Titans have one person that can generate ticket sales and he sucks and we all knew deep down he would never be the same after the injury. You just can't keep giving him the ball for 2 yards and then make Tanny have to convert every third down because your main guy can't manage to get more than 2 yards at a time. Henry got 0 YAC and showed no emotion while doing it. The OC is a huge part of the problem but damn Henry stop running like a *****. Troll gonna troll until we get a real coaching staff

Pretty sure 20-30% of Henry's yardage was after contact.

Even if he is awful and only getting 2 yards. I reckon on 3rd and 1, two yards will probably do the job. Instead of letting Chig get blown up behind an ever shrinking podcast host.

Dropped some balls, muffed a punt in a really bad spot, missed a kick at a really bad time, made a couple of puzzling calls, didn't keep contain on defense, Fulton got burned. And Henry looks like a really productive running back that may never run past everyone again.

But we also got after the quarterback, Philips did some great things, Tanny played a smart game. We did good things.

Saquon was fantastic and Jones played a good game. I'm bummed, but it is a long season.

The main issue was the vanilla play calling, drops, and the drive killing penalties. I think we tried throwing it further than 15-20 yards maybe 4-5 times all night. And ST continues to be a problem. Missed FG and a muffed punt.

Defensively, we seemed to have gotten gassed late in the game. Otherwise, NY had 2 long plays and was mostly shutdown offensively.

I really didn't want to put it all on Randy's foot. I actually wanted us to push for a TD at the end. Overall, I thought that Tanne looked really good, and was pleasantly surprised at how well the O-line played. The WRs weren't too bad except for the fact that Woods was MIA; he only had two targets. So, the two main concerns going into the season (O-line and WR) weren't as bad as I had expected. The D broke down, but it was likely due to them being tired from being on the field too much later in the game. Also, Barkley is one of the best RBs in the league when healthy, so I wouldn't beat them up too much for his performance. Actually, I felt that the loss of Landry wasn't even a factor, as Simmons, Dupree, and Weaver were all great and more than made up for it. So, let's be honest, it all comes down to the offensive play calling. It lost the killer instinct that it needed.

Not having Landry hurt us on defending Barkley. If you play Autry on the end, he can't get to the perimeter as quickly as Landry. And Weaver crashed in a few times, creating lanes.

If we had a competent offensive coordinator, we win the game yesterday, and that’s really the beginning and end of it. Don’t overcomplicate it.

Titans D didn't show up for parts of the 3rd and 4th quarter. Had they performed like they should have, there would have been no need to put up more points. The offense performed well enough in this game to win, it was the defense that was the let down.
Yes, they could have won the game with a few more offensive plays, no doubt, but holistically, the defense could have played better in the 2nd half against a garbage GMan offense. Saying that, taking nothing away from Barkley, because he is still special. But to give up a buck 50 to Barkley was not good.

*EDIT* Not to mention the flipped field on the muffed punt. <<< That was huge. This was the single point of failure IMHO besides the defense.

So, yes, I'm going to go against the grain and popular belief on this one.

Actually Tanny looked sharp for his first game action..

Just one of those weird ass games where you can't really blame anyone but a play call here and there.

Tough loss. Just felt like we should've won this game 30-3..

As Titans fans we should be immune to these type of games. Bullock hits that FG, it's a different mentality.

I just don't understand why we were so content in thinking Fat Randy was automatic to the point we refuse to gain more yardage. I guess they felt like he was clutch when there's no pressure and nobody was 100% coming at him during TC/preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back