Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
The new generation of consoles is upon us and pricing is finally being released.

Xbox
Series S - Digital/Streaming Only - $299
Series X - $499
Pre-Order Begins 9/22
Xbox confirmed a $299 digital/streaming-only option alongside a $499 Xbox Series X. The former is obviously under-powered in comparison to the full Series X (which will be the most powerful of the new consoles), but should reel in almost every nuclear family who doesn't want to spend half a grand on a video game box for their kid.

PlayStation
Disc-Less PS5 - $399
Standard PS5 - $499
Playstation also threw some old games onto their PS Plus subscription to try to combat Microsoft's gamepass.

Discuss, fanboy it up, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably gonna opt for the baby S this year and wait til I have dedicated room for a proper setup for the Series X. Thing is 12x6x6. Not really a living room item imo

I'm pre-ordering the Series X off the rip. I'm gonna get it one way or another and I'm not broke anymore so fuck it, first ever launch day console buy.

Assuming they have enough for all pre-orders.

And Halo still looks like a 360 launch title. Weird.

Halo Infinite got delayed, so it likely won't look like the (old) demo they showed.

Which pisses me off, because Halo Infinite was going to be running at 60-120FPS in 4K and was going to have large open-worldish maps reminiscent of CE and ODST, which looked pretty awesome. Also, a lot of the issue with that demo was that ray tracing hadn't been added yet.

Anyways, day one on the Series X. Now that Halo Infinite has been delayed, I guess I'll be playing MS Flight Simulator and The Medium (maybe Scorn?)

Of course, Nintendo has Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity coming out the next week, so... will probably just wind up playing my Switch for the rest of November/December.

Also, I'd be surprised if PS5 was cheaper; outside of the gaming division, Sony is hurting, so I kinda doubt they're looking to take that kind of loss on the console. Maybe the discless version will be under $500, but I can't see the disc version being under that price (quite frankly, I'd imagine the disc-version will be $549 at the cheapest; maybe the discless version at $499).

MS is selling theirs in a payment-plan style of $35/mo for the Big Box, Ultimate GamePass, XBL Gold, and EA Access for 24 months. This also includes the ability to stream games directly on your android phone.

Comes out to $840 across the 2 years.

If you were to buy the box ($500), plus game pass ($15/mo or $360/2yr) alone the payment plan is already cheaper by $20... not including EA Access and XBL Gold costs.

Pretty solid deal and you don't have to fork over $500+ day one.

Probably the route I will go.

I'll hand it to microsoft. They made buying a console the same as buying a car.

"What kind of monthly payment are you looking for?"

p3yykufyl7m51.jpg

PS5 will have

Gran Turismo 7
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Spider-Man 2
Uncharted 5
Last of Us 3
Horizon Zero Dawn 2
God of War 2
Bloodborne 2
Ghosts of Tsushima 2
Demon Souls Remake

I don’t see how you can’t get hyped about that lineup and that’s just what we know about now.

PS5 will have

Gran Turismo 7
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Spider-Man 2
Uncharted 5
Last of Us 3
Horizon Zero Dawn 2
God of War 2
Bloodborne 2
Ghosts of Tsushima 2
Demon Souls Remake

I don’t see how you can’t get hyped about that lineup and that’s just what we know about now.
Xbox will have good games. They promised this time would be different.

Xbox will have good games. They promised this time would be different.

The next God of War game alone is a console seller for me. That last one is one of my favorite games ever.

I’ll probably get the cheaper new Xbox and put it in the kid’s room tbh. I’ve missed Halo.

Probably X series.

I keep buying the PS only to sell it later. Just don't play the PS as much for some reason. Have bought/sold it at least 3 times.

PS has some exclusives I'll want to play though.

Just not enough to compete with Gamepass and Xbox's overall value.

PS5 will have

Gran Turismo 7
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Spider-Man 2
Uncharted 5
Last of Us 3
Horizon Zero Dawn 2
God of War 2
Bloodborne 2
Ghosts of Tsushima 2
Demon Souls Remake

PS5 will have

Gran Turismo 7
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Spider-Man 2
Uncharted 5
Last of Us 3
Horizon Zero Dawn 2
God of War 2
Bloodborne 2
Ghosts of Tsushima 2
Demon Souls Remake

I'll take
Halo Infinite
Fable
Gears 6
Gears Tactics
Sea of Thieves
Perfect Dark
Forza Horizon 5
Forza
Avowed
Everwild
Ori
the superior versions of all multiplats
over that list any day of the week.

Of course, I'd take Nintendo's offerings over what I just posted any day of the week, but, whatevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back