Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I figured lets go ahead and get a playoff thread going.

So, I REALLY like the way the AFC standing are right now from a games perspective. If all the current seeded teams win Sunday this is what will be PO games #1

Titans Bye
Chargers @ Chiefs
Colts @ Bengals
Patriots @ Bills

Will be a good weekend of interesting games.

So, I REALLY like the way the AFC standing are right now from a games perspective. If all the current seeded teams win Sunday this is what will be PO games #1

Titans Bye
Chargers @ Chiefs
Colts @ Bengals
Patriots @ Bills

I’m not convinced the LAC win. They are a very up and down team. Houston spanked them then they spanked Denver. That’s their season.
Raiders aren’t a pushover even though I thought they’d be left for dead when Gruden got canned.
Raiders win, it shakes up that seeding a little.

ravens and Steelers are both still alive.

I’m not convinced the LAC win. They are a very up and down team. Houston spanked them then they spanked Denver. That’s their season.
Raiders aren’t a pushover even though I thought they’d be left for dead when Gruden got canned.
Raiders win, it shakes up that seeding a little.

ravens and Steelers are both still alive.

True

This will need to change.

Ryan Tannehill has completed 26.7 percent of his attempts of more than 20 yards downfield.
Tannehill has been the league's worst deep passer this season; his downfield completion rate is tied with Tyrod Taylor. He's hit on 12 of his 45 passes of over 20 yards, much to the detriment of A.J. Brown, who's caught five of his 14 downfield targets this season. Though deep passing isn't part of the Titans' ultra-conservative offense -- Tannehill ranks 22nd in downfield attempts in 2021 -- his inaccuracy has dinged Brown's upside as the team's No. 1 wideout. Brown has proven sensitive to game script to: When the Titans take a lead, Brown is rarely going to see any sort of target volume. Tennessee has the league's lowest pass rate over expectation through Week 17.

Titans Bye
Chargers @ Chiefs
Colts @ Bengals
Patriots @ Bills

DyAV_wOWsAADCyF.0.jpg

Polar Vortex time!

This will need to change.

Ryan Tannehill has completed 26.7 percent of his attempts of more than 20 yards downfield.
Tannehill has been the league's worst deep passer this season; his downfield completion rate is tied with Tyrod Taylor. He's hit on 12 of his 45 passes of over 20 yards, much to the detriment of A.J. Brown, who's caught five of his 14 downfield targets this season. Though deep passing isn't part of the Titans' ultra-conservative offense -- Tannehill ranks 22nd in downfield attempts in 2021 -- his inaccuracy has dinged Brown's upside as the team's No. 1 wideout. Brown has proven sensitive to game script to: When the Titans take a lead, Brown is rarely going to see any sort of target volume. Tennessee has the league's lowest pass rate over expectation through Week 17.
fantasy football sucks

Can someone please explain to me how the Colts are ahead of the Raiders in the playoff standings when they have the same record and the Raiders just beat them heads up?

...but seriously, head to head only matters when only 2 teams tie. I think it goes conference record, then record amongst tied teams, then something else. It is pretty detailed. There is a reason that everyone uses simulators.

If the Colts win on Sunday, I'll be rooting super hard for the Raiders to beat the Chargers. That way it will place the Colts in 7th place and that would mean Colts at Chiefs in first round.

So let's go Raiders.

Ah nevermind. If the Dolphins beat the Patriots, then that would make the Patriots 7th seed.

Can someone please explain to me how the Colts are ahead of the Raiders in the playoff standings when they have the same record and the Raiders just beat them heads up?
Yep
Currently, the chargers are ahead of LV due to winning their H2H matchup, then Indy has a better conference record than LAC.

That changes when LV and LAC play again this weekend.

There is still a possibility the ponies get knocked out, but it involves a loss to Jax and the chargers winning.

...but seriously, head to head only matters when only 2 teams tie. I think it goes conference record, then record amongst tied teams, then something else. It is pretty detailed. There is a reason that everyone uses simulators.
H2H matters in most cases. The reason the 3-way between Indy, LA, and LV is different than say if Baltimore was tied, is those 2 are in the same division. When that happens, divisional tiebreakers happen first.

The dude what makes the NFL Network power rankings has the Titans at number 7. In his explanation, he acknowledges that some folks could rightfully take issue with that. He respects that opinion, but he disagrees and that is the end of that. I know it is just one man's opinion and means nothing. But I've been watching this guy in action and it's a sight to behold. Going forward I will refer to him as Pretzel Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dude what makes the NFL Network power rankings has the Titans at number 7. In his explanation, he acknowledges that some folks could rightfully take issue with that and he respects that opinion. But he disagrees and that is the end of that. I know it is just one man's opinion and means nothing. But I've been watching this guy in action and it's a sight to behold.

They can call us the "Worst" super bowl champions ever. As long as we win the big game, they can place us wherever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back