Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m rewatching the 2nd half of the niners game right now. Pruitt was really playing strong. Hope swaim and Firk can step up

This will need to change.

Ryan Tannehill has completed 26.7 percent of his attempts of more than 20 yards downfield.
Tannehill has been the league's worst deep passer this season; his downfield completion rate is tied with Tyrod Taylor. He's hit on 12 of his 45 passes of over 20 yards, much to the detriment of A.J. Brown, who's caught five of his 14 downfield targets this season. Though deep passing isn't part of the Titans' ultra-conservative offense -- Tannehill ranks 22nd in downfield attempts in 2021 -- his inaccuracy has dinged Brown's upside as the team's No. 1 wideout. Brown has proven sensitive to game script to: When the Titans take a lead, Brown is rarely going to see any sort of target volume. Tennessee has the league's lowest pass rate over expectation through Week 17.

Obviously this isnt a great stat, but 2 things:

1. We dont throw a lot downfield. It isnt a big part of the playbook. So it makes sense to not be as successful at something you dont do a lot - and thats as a team, the OL, WR and QB.

2. I reckon a lot of the time Tannehill gets sacked its on medium-long range play designs. He simply doesnt have time to wait for the WR to get downfield before the opponents are on him. Thats on the OL for sure. Tannehill is bottom 5 of the league or thereabouts in time with the ball. He has to get rid of it quickly because our OL isnt great in pass protection.

I think it’s more a case of weak receivers so much of the season and an OL that couldn’t sustain blocks. Give him time to throw and receivers who can get open and catch and this problem goes away.

From the Email Titan FO sent me trying to peddle PO tickets:

Ticket transfer functionality will not be available on any Playoff game tickets until 24 hours prior to kickoff.

So when you see tons of opposing fans in Nissan stadium for the PO games remember Titan fans could NOT sell tickets until 24 hours before KO so 99% of those NOT Titan fans got their tickets thru the Titan FO

depends

if football is rigged/scripted the consensus is Dallas - KC this year.

If it’s not rigged I’m hoping Titans - Dallas
Titans Dallas would be awesome. Really don't want to face Packers. Rogers / Adams plus Jones/ Dillon would be a nightmare match-up for us.

Titans Dallas would be awesome. Really don't want to face Packers. Rogers / Adams plus Jones/ Dillon would be a nightmare match-up for us.

If we make it to the SB I couldn’t care less who the opponent will be. It’s going to take a lot of good luck to get there, and a lot of good luck to win it. There isn’t a team in the entire league that we don’t have a legitimate shot at beating on any given day.

If we make it to the SB I couldn’t care less who the opponent will be. It’s going to take a lot of good luck to get there, and a lot of good luck to win it. There isn’t a team in the entire league that we don’t have a legitimate shot at beating on any given day.

All true. But if I can pick a SB match-up, would rather have Dallas than GB. And the Rams or Bucs would be good too.

I want to beat MVP Rodgers with a fresh should have been MVP Henry

I get that. That would be cool.

I simply want that 1st SB win. I don't care who we play to get it, or who we beat to get there. If we get some favorable matchups in all the games due to upsets or whatever, I'll take it. If people say we had an easy path, don't care.

After the 1st one... bring on any team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get that. That would be cool.

I simply want that 1st SB win. I don't care who we play to get it, or who we beat to get there. If we get some favorable matchups in all the games due to upsets or whatever, I'll take it. If people say we had am easy path, don't care.

After the 1st one... bring on any team.
No matter who we play and beat, the media hates the Titans and there will be excuses for the other team

I’m high diving you simply for getting the phrase “COULDN’T care less” right. … I guess the rest of your post is cool too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back