Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Moore too, 22 seems a *little high for him. Maybe if we trade back a few spots?

I'm trying to decide which Moore I like better - Rondale or Elijah. Thoughts?

Me? I'd be upset if we took any receiver other than Bateman or Marshall at 22.

...assuming none of the top 10 guys drop.

I don't think we throw to the slot to invest in that kind of capital. Now if we could get someone in the 3rd.

I like Moore too, 22 seems a *little high for him. Maybe if we trade back a few spots?

I'm trying to decide which Moore I like better - Rondale or Elijah. Thoughts?

I like Rondale Moore better myself, but 22 may be too high in this draft class. There are a ton of quality WRs in this draft.

I agree with you about CB value compared to depth in the draft and team need...Who do you consider the premier WRs???

In the average draft 8-9 WRs are drafted in the the 1st 2 rnds....last yr 12 WRs went in the 1st 2 rnds...so that means that a bunch of teams won't be drafting a WR early this yr because they already did last yr...WR is very very deep this yr so good value will be available in the 2nd/3rd rnds.

I'm hoping a QB is on the board that people think the Steelers might take and are willing to trade up with us to jump the Steelers picking 2 spots behind us.
Agree in principle. But, a lot of teams may double down and go WR again this year. Pitt seems to take one in the 2nd round every year for example.

per Draftace.com

RB Jarrett Patterson Buffalo
RB Javian Hawkins Louisville
WR Anthony Schwartz Auburn
WR Rondale Moore Purdue
WR Demetric Felton UCLA
TE Tommy Tremble Notre Dame
OT Larnel Coleman (VRABEL wasn't lying about Tackles.. lol) UMass
OT Teven Jenkins Oklahoma State
OT D'Ante Smith East Carolina
EDGE Patrick Jones Pittsburgh
EDGE Joseph Ossai Texas
EDGE Joe Tryon Washington
DT Levi Onwuzurike Washington
LB Zaven Collins Tulsa
LB Isaiah McDuffie Boston College
CB Asante Samuel Jr. Florida State
CB Greg Newsome Northwestern
CB Trill Williams Syracuse
CB Tay Gowan UCF
CB Ifeatu Melifonwu Syracuse

(https://www.draftace.com/afc-south-draft-visits/)

Love that we're looking at Tay Gowan. He will likely slide a bit since he say out 2020, but he has elite speed and bet good ball skills. Hope he falls out of the 2nd round.

Wonder what the deal with Jaret Patterson is. I've been tracking RB visits across the league for fantasy purposes, and he has visited teams far more than any other RBs

I agree with you about CB value compared to depth in the draft and team need...Who do you consider the premier WRs???

In the average draft 8-9 WRs are drafted in the the 1st 2 rnds....last yr 12 WRs went in the 1st 2 rnds...so that means that a bunch of teams won't be drafting a WR early this yr because they already did last yr...WR is very very deep this yr so good value will be available in the 2nd/3rd rnds.

I'm hoping a QB is on the board that people think the Steelers might take and are willing to trade up with us to jump the Steelers picking 2 spots behind us.

WR is tricky but I see so many WRs taken in the 2nd round that are as good or better than guys taken where we are picking (we have one of course). So getting past the first three or so WRs we might get equal value waiting until the 2nd or 3rd. That is kind of a general observation for me and holds this year.

CB is a little different. I think there could be a little more value there for CB as opposed to waiting. Now depending on who is there a trade down might make sense if a team like the Steelers are looking for a position we don't consider taking. We gain a pick without losing who we end up with anyway.

Walter Football is the primary tell-tale one.. and you can supplement one or two here and there with small journalists - you just have to gauge who has the scoop... I wouldn't trust Paul K or A to Z with any draft pick visit inside scoop though lol..

Walter Football may have good content but the site itself is a giant piece of trash. It is a major resource hog thanks to some of the sketchy ad on the site. One of the worst I have ever been to.

Walter Football may have good content but the site itself is a giant piece of trash. It is a major resource hog thanks to some of the sketchy ad on the site. One of the worst I have ever been to.

I mean I'm sure it's a template. So they dont have pump a ton into the upkeep from sponsor dollars

Just playing around with what makes sense and value I came up with this:
Teven Jenkins OT 1st
Tylan Wallace WR 2nd
Eric Stokes CB 3rd
3rd comp - used to trade up to get Stokes
Tedarrel Slaton 4th

Obviously we could flip CB and OT and take a CB in the first and OL later. Got a feeling JRob would love Teven to make it to our pick. So would Henry.

Wallace is a 4.39 guy at 6'0. Good guy to develop opposite AJ

Stokes might not make it this far even with a trade up but being optimistic. If JRob likes a CB better in the 2nd then use a 3rd (possible trade up) for a WR. Quality is more important IMO than quantity either way.

Slaton is a 360 pound guy that carries his weight real well and would play as our NT/1. Basically replace Jones. Could be a steal if we get him this late.

Just playing around with what makes sense and value I came up with this:
Teven Jenkins OT 1st
Tylan Wallace WR 2nd
Eric Stokes CB 3rd
3rd comp - used to trade up to get Stokes
Tedarrel Slaton 4th

Obviously we could flip CB and OT and take a CB in the first and OL later. Got a feeling JRob would love Teven to make it to our pick. So would Henry.

Wallace is a 4.39 guy at 6'0. Good guy to develop opposite AJ

Stokes might not make it this far even with a trade up but being optimistic. If JRob likes a CB better in the 2nd then use a 3rd (possible trade up) for a WR. Quality is more important IMO than quantity either way.

Slaton is a 360 pound guy that carries his weight real well and would play as our NT/1. Basically replace Jones. Could be a steal if we get him this late.

I don’t see us taking an OT in the first unless it is just great value and a guy who could eventually replace Lewan.

I think it will be Edge, WR, or CB.

I don’t see us taking an OT in the first unless it is just great value and a guy who could eventually replace Lewan.

I think it will be Edge, WR, or CB.
I agree. We signed Sambrailo and Lamm to compete for the starting RT spot to give us flexibility in the draft. Sabmrailo, though a step down from Lewan was better than I thought he would be at LT last year. He would likely fit better at RT anyway. I anticipate he gets the job.

Tevin Jenkins just said on path to the draft that he models his game after Taylor Lewan....2 Lewans would be too much for the offense to overcome....

Seen this info on Facebook:

#JustinMelo has confirmed the following:

Houston EDGE Payton Turner
Northwestern CB Greg Newsome II
Oklahoma State OT Teven Jenkins
Tulsa LB Zaven Collins
Notre Dame TE Tommy Tremble
FSU CB Asante Samuel Jr.
Purdue WR Rondale Moore
Syracuse CB Trill Williams
Auburn S Jamien Sherwood
Arizona State WR Frank Darby
UCF CB Tay Gowan
Auburn WR Anthony Schwartz
UCLA RB/WR Demetric Felton
Louisville RB Javian Hawkins
UCF WR/TE Jacob Harris
Tennessee C Brandon Kennedy
Boston College LB Isaiah McDuffie
Boston College EDGE Max Roberts
Buffalo RB Jaret Patterson
Massachusetts OT Larnel Coleman
Charleston WR Mike Strachan
App State CB Shemar Jean-Charles

Confirmed by Turron Davenport:

Clemson WR Amari Rodgers
Missouri S Joshuah Bledsoe
Georgia EDGE Azeez Ojulari
Washington CB Elijah Molden
Washington EDGE Joe Tryon
Washington CB Keith Taylor Jr.
Washington DT Levi Onwuzurike
Pittsburgh EDGE Patrick Jones
Michigan WR Nico Collins
Temple WR Branden Mack
Vanderbilt EDGE Dayo Odeyingbo

Others we know of:
Tennessee OG Trey Smith

Iowa TE Shaun Beyer (confirmed by Zach Hicks).

EDGE Joseph Ossai (confirmed by Crissy Froyd)

(WES WESLEY Facebook)

Seen this info on Facebook:

#JustinMelo has confirmed the following:

Houston EDGE Payton Turner
Northwestern CB Greg Newsome II
Oklahoma State OT Teven Jenkins
Tulsa LB Zaven Collins
Notre Dame TE Tommy Tremble
FSU CB Asante Samuel Jr.
Purdue WR Rondale Moore
Syracuse CB Trill Williams
Auburn S Jamien Sherwood
Arizona State WR Frank Darby
UCF CB Tay Gowan
Auburn WR Anthony Schwartz
UCLA RB/WR Demetric Felton
Louisville RB Javian Hawkins
UCF WR/TE Jacob Harris
Tennessee C Brandon Kennedy
Boston College LB Isaiah McDuffie
Boston College EDGE Max Roberts
Buffalo RB Jaret Patterson
Massachusetts OT Larnel Coleman
Charleston WR Mike Strachan
App State CB Shemar Jean-Charles

Confirmed by Turron Davenport:

Clemson WR Amari Rodgers
Missouri S Joshuah Bledsoe
Georgia EDGE Azeez Ojulari
Washington CB Elijah Molden
Washington EDGE Joe Tryon
Washington CB Keith Taylor Jr.
Washington DT Levi Onwuzurike
Pittsburgh EDGE Patrick Jones
Michigan WR Nico Collins
Temple WR Branden Mack
Vanderbilt EDGE Dayo Odeyingbo

Others we know of:
Tennessee OG Trey Smith

Iowa TE Shaun Beyer (confirmed by Zach Hicks).

EDGE Joseph Ossai (confirmed by Crissy Froyd)

(WES WESLEY Facebook)

A lot of my favorite prospects on this list, including Tay Gowan. I don't see him very high on any mock list, but this dude has great size, has experience playing in press coverage, and has speed for days. One of my favorite day 3 players.

Payton Turner is also high on my list for a late day 2/early day 3 pick.

I haven't even heard of some of those names though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back