Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the Texans lost again and are pretty much penciled in for the #1 pick.

Wasn’t there a brief window last season that people were convinced Davis Mills was going to be good, maybe even better than THill?

Stumbled across this. Brings back good memories. Imagining them showing Fisher and McNair on the sidelines before the games. NFL was so much better back then.

Stumbled across this. Brings back good memories. Imagining them showing Fisher and McNair on the sidelines before the games. NFL was so much better back then.
Better how? Fisher’s offense was a yawn compared to the action packed offenses of today. I think it’s way more exciting now.

Better how? Fisher’s offense was a yawn compared to the action packed offenses of today. I think it’s way more exciting now.
Those “action packed offenses” are a result of rule changes that don’t allow the defenses to actually play defense. They actually hit back then and you were actually allowed to sack the QB’s. Nothing was more exciting than seeing a DE demolish a QB or a big hit across the middle. Those plays don’t exist now. Touchdowns were a lot harder to get back in those days and it made it a whole lot more exciting when you got one. Today’s NFL is just NFL light. It’s one step above flag football these days. That’s why players miss games so often now, “it’s a business.” Back then players actually loved the teams they played for and winning was more important than anything. The fans and players were like part of a family. $ is all that matters these days. No comparison, like not even remotely close to the quality of the game

Last edited by a moderator:
Those “action packed offenses” are a result of rule changes that don’t allow the defenses to actually play defense. They actually hit back then and you were actually allowed to sack the QB’s. Nothing was more exciting than seeing a DE demolish a QB or a big hit across the middle. Those plays don’t exist now. Touchdowns were a lot harder to get back in those days and it made it a whole lot more exciting when you got one. Today’s NFL is just NFL light. It’s one step above flag football these days. That’s why players miss games so often now, “it’s a business.” Back then players actually loved the teams they played for and winning was more important than anything. The fans and players were like part of a family. $ is all that matters these days. No comparison, like not even remotely close to the quality of the game
Agree.
I miss some of the old game but a lot, not to say that the new style is bad, just different.

my real biggest beef is media coverage, specifically the worthless “sports” networks. As football (and other sports) have changed, unfortunately, the ESPNs of the world changed when they absolutely did not need to. Really, they would be much better if they had not.

The days of gladiator warriors are over. I miss it. Ronnie Lott had his finger cut off so he could play. That injury would put todays player out for weeks.

McNair started several games with turf toe. Burks had to be carted off the field for the same injury. Says a lot about the caliber of players lining up today Vs the old days.

McNair started several games with turf toe. Burks had to be carted off the field for the same injury. Says a lot about the caliber of players lining up today Vs the old days.
You think McNair had an inhaler too? He doesn’t even know!!!

In seriousness though, some of the injuries today vs the old guys can be explained with medical improvements but also NFLPA pushing for more “safety” and better treatment for the players.
I’ll make the argument that Tua probably wanted to play last Thursday regardless of medical diagnosis and now the league will look at keeping players from playing even if the player disagrees.

I won’t doubt that some players have zero issue exaggerating a weak injury to sit out and collect a paycheck.

Johnathan Taylor OUT against the Broncos. Maybe we should go on their forum and laugh at that, since they were making fun of Landry's injury and rejoicing that he will be out.

Titans locked his ass down, made him fumble and prevented him from playing tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back