Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ravens basically constructed their entire offense around LJ skillset. If we ever want Malik to be successful we would have to do the same. Downing is not the guy you want trying to execute that. Even if he was, and we did, malik probably isn't ever going to be on LJ's level, and even if he was LJ still has some limitations. But a third round pick isn't just a throw away so the titans kinda gave to decide what direction they wanna go.

Under JRob 1st round picks are throw aways.

The Ravens basically constructed their entire offense around LJ skillset. If we ever want Malik to be successful we would have to do the same. Downing is not the guy you want trying to execute that. Even if he was, and we did, malik probably isn't ever going to be on LJ's level, and even if he was LJ still has some limitations. But a third round pick isn't just a throw away so the titans kinda gave to decide what direction they wanna go.
That’s why I made the joke. Not only will Malik not be that good (even if I don’t think LJ is all that great) he’s not the same guy.

Titans can’t just run an offense like Willis is Jackson as was suggested. Possibly sarcastic.
We should use Malik like the Ravens use Lamar

Roquan Smith wearing #18 is an eyesore. I just can't get use to LB's and DL's wearing these low or single digit numbers.

One of the worst decisions the NFL made.

Roquan Smith wearing #18 is an eyesore. I just can't get use to LB's and DL's wearing these low or single digit numbers.

One of the worst decisions the NFL made.
Not as bad as dual numbers in college football, that drives me crazy. Miss the days where numbers were assigned to position groups and players had to pick from them.

That’s why I made the joke. Not only will Malik not be that good (even if I don’t think LJ is all that great) he’s not the same guy.

Titans can’t just run an offense like Willis is Jackson as was suggested. Possibly sarcastic.
I know. What I was trying to get at is the Ravens drafted LJ knowing his unique talents, and his his limitations. With that in mind they went all in and built a system around him and have pretty good results.

We took Willis and while we haven't had the time to do the same (nor should we realistically). But why waste a third round pick on the kid if we have no plans to support his success.

I know. What I was trying to get at is the Ravens drafted LJ knowing his unique talents, and his his limitations. With that in mind they went all in and built a system around him and have pretty good results.

We took Willis and while we haven't had the time to do the same (nor should we realistically). But why waste a third round pick on the kid if we have no plans to support his success.
That’s fair. It think a couple differences are that the Titans have THill which I wouldn’t design a Willis offense around unless full intention is specifically to develop Willis and force him into starter down the line, I also don’t see that happening.
I’m also not really sure what strengths Willis has to build around. If it is similar to LJ, then calling more run plays seems the move to make but he really does t seem as fast, elusive, or capable passer.

No matter which direction, an OL is necessary. Right now that mess is built for short quick passes but the team doesnt have WR (or the QB) for that.
It’s kind of a mess. The only thing I see actually built for is Henry and Hilliard. Downing has to rely on that.

VALUE

Anybody else surprised the saints are sticking with Dalton? He is awful and turns it over as much as Winston without the big play upside!

That’s fair. It think a couple differences are that the Titans have THill which I wouldn’t design a Willis offense around unless full intention is specifically to develop Willis and force him into starter down the line, I also don’t see that happening.
I’m also not really sure what strengths Willis has to build around. If it is similar to LJ, then calling more run plays seems the move to make but he really does t seem as fast, elusive, or capable passer.

No matter which direction, an OL is necessary. Right now that mess is built for short quick passes but the team doesnt have WR (or the QB) for that.
It’s kind of a mess. The only thing I see actually built for is Henry and Hilliard. Downing has to rely on that.

Willis isn't even a Wish version of Lamar Jackson. But, running him is probably his greatest strength at this point. Basically use him as a decoy to open up Henry and the occasional play action RPO. We see the results of letting him drop back to pass. Gotta do SOMETHING else with him.

Willis isn't even a Wish version of Lamar Jackson. But, running him is probably his greatest strength at this point. Basically use him as a decoy to open up Henry and the occasional play action RPO. We see the results of letting him drop back to pass. Gotta do SOMETHING else with him.
Probably not the popular idea but I’d rather him take lumps (and costing us games potentially) learning how to be an NFL QB than just exploiting the limited gift he was given naturally.
May never pan out, but if the titans just try to run him, he’ll surely never learn.

Probably not the popular idea but I’d rather him take lumps (and costing us games potentially) learning how to be an NFL QB than just exploiting the limited gift he was given naturally.
May never pan out, but if the titans just try to run him, he’ll surely never learn.
Yeah well, I have no faith in him ever being a QB so I'd rather him run. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back