Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Never too early to start looking ahead. So let's get the discussion started.

Looking at some of the early names on people's big boards, it feels like a fairly mediocre class compared to more recent seasons. Maybe that's because COVID robbed us from seeing as much football as we normally would, but I can't find a single returning prospect other other than Kayvon Thibodeaux that I think is an absolute lock to go in the top 5. Maybe Stingley if he gets back to the level he played at in 2019. His 2020, while good, was nothing special, and not really deserving of top 5.

Anyways, hopefully we're picking at No. 32, but for fun let's assume we're in the 28-32 range. Things will certainly change, but at this point, it seems like LB, G/C, WR, and TE will be our biggest needs.

Some guys I will follow this year include:

Ventrell Miller LB, UF
Devin Lloyd LB, Utah
Jalen Wydermyer TE, TAM
Justyn Ross WR, Clemson
Cade Mays G/T, Tennessee
Charlie Kolar TE, Iowa
Chris Olave WR, OSU
George Pickens WR, UGA
Garrett WIlson WR, OSU
John Metchie WR, Bama
Tyler Linderbaum G/C, Iowa

Last edited by a moderator:
Aidan Hutchinson out of Michigan will be a hot name as well. De/olb. Didn't play much last year being hurt. Nonstop motor.

For WR I want a pure position guy, not someone who can line up inside and out. Either a pure slot guy or pure outside guy. Not interested in the guy "who can line up anywhere"

Never too early to start looking ahead. So let's get the discussion started.

Looking at some of the early names on people's big boards, it feels like a fairly mediocre class compared to more recent seasons. Maybe that's because COVID robbed us from seeing as much football as we normally would, but I can't find a single returning prospect other other than Kayvon Thibodeaux that I think is an absolute lock to go in the top 5. Maybe Stingley if he gets back to the level he played at in 2019. His 2020, while good, was nothing special, and not really deserving of top 5.

Anyways, hopefully we're picking at No. 32, but for fun let's assume we're in the 28-32 range. Things will certainly change, but at this point, it seems like LB, G/C, WR, and TE will be our biggest needs.

Some guys I will follow this year include:

Ventrell Miller LB, UF
Jalen Wydermyer TE, TAM
Justyn Ross WR, Clemson
Cade Mays G/T, Tennessee
Charlie Kolar TE, Iowa
Chris Olave WR, OSU
George Pickens WR, UGA
Garrett WIlson WR, OSU
John Metchie WR, Bama
Tyler Linderbaum G/C, Iowa

I wouldn't feel great about spending a first round pick on some of those positions you named (TE, G, C). Would be nice to get a great defensive lineman. I don't really like whoever will be starting between Autry and Simmons.

I wouldn't feel great about spending a first round pick on some of those positions you named (TE, G, C). Would be nice to get a great defensive lineman. I don't really like whoever will be starting between Autry and Simmons.

Eh, the later you pick in the 1st round, any position other than kicker and long snapper is defensible. I typically am against TE in the 1st round though. They always take a year or two to develop, even the good ones.

For WR I want a pure position guy, not someone who can line up inside and out. Either a pure slot guy or pure outside guy. Not interested in the guy "who can line up anywhere"

Agreed - analysts who throw that phrase around are disguising the fact that they have NO CLUE where they'd fit in best... so they're aiming high.

Olave would be a great slot wide receiver target - probably is mid 20's pick.

Eh, the later you pick in the 1st round, any position other than kicker and long snapper is defensible. I typically am against TE in the 1st round though. They always take a year or two to develop, even the good ones.

Yup. OJ Howard sure worked out for the Bucs at 19, TJ Hockenson in the Top 10 is sure lighting it up for DET, and this year's TE who was way too highly ranked, Pitts, will fall in that same line. Falcons botched a Top 5 pick, like we did a WR.

Yup. OJ Howard sure worked out for the Bucs at 19, TJ Hockenson in the Top 10 is sure lighting it up for DET, and this year's TE who was way too highly ranked, Pitts, will fall in that same line. Falcons botched a Top 5 pick, like we did a WR.

I agree it's gonna be hard for Pitts to ever live up to a top 5 pick at the position he plays but comparing him to OJ Howard or TJ Hockenson isn't fair to Pitts. The guy was a man among boys in the SEC...

Just to compare stats wise between the 3 in their final college season

Hockenson: 13 games 49 receptions 760 yards 7 TD's

Howard: 15 games 45 receptions 595 yards 3 TD's

Pitts: 8 games 43 receptions 770 yards 12 TD's

In order to live up to the top 5 billing, Pitts is gonna have to be prime Gronk/Jimmy Graham. They had the opportunity to draft Jamaar Chase who many believe a Julio clone and went with a TE instead.

In order to live up to the top 5 billing, Pitts is gonna have to be prime Gronk/Jimmy Graham. They had the opportunity to draft Jamaar Chase who many believe a Julio clone and went with a TE instead.
Eydj9LRXEAYescw

From that original list Chris Olave is the only name I recognized; will have to start studying…

Olave was looking like a solid #2 WR option on a team before he got out of the 2021 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back